CUBLAS not found

Luis Biedma

Nov 2, 2015, 10:45:32 AM11/2/15
to libflame-discuss
Hello, I'm having a problem with my FLAME installation.

I used the following ./configure line:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/flame --enable-dynamic-build --enable-multithreading=openmp --enable-supermatrix --enable-gpu --enable-portable-timer

And when using "make -j4", I get the following error:

Compiling src/base/flamec/supermatrix/gpu/main/FLASH_Queue_gpu.c
Compiling src/base/flamec/util/base/FLA_Sqrt.c
Compiling src/base/flamec/util/base/FLA_Symmetrize.c
Compiling src/base/flamec/util/base/FLA_Triangularize.c
src/base/flamec/supermatrix/gpu/main/FLASH_Queue_gpu.c:16:23: fatal error: cublas_v2.h: No such file or directory
#include "cublas_v2.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/base/flamec/supermatrix/gpu/main/FLASH_Queue_gpu.o] Error 1

I've installed CUDA 7.5 and am currently on Ubuntu 14.04. I tried modifying the "FLASH_Queue_gpu.c" file to include cublas_v2.h instead of cublas.h, and also changing some lines on the Makefile, but keep getting the error...

Any idea on how can I solve this?
Luis.

Francisco Igual Peña

Nov 2, 2015, 1:18:44 PM11/2/15
to libflame-discuss
Luis,

If I'm not wrong, in the corresponding file of the github repo, there is no such a line
referencing cublas_v2.h . Have you modified the source file yourself
prior to the compilation (I'm talking about src/base/flamec/supermatrix/gpu/main/FLASH_Queue_gpu.c)?
Fran

Francisco Igual Peña

Nov 2, 2015, 1:19:29 PM11/2/15
to libflame-discuss
All right, I didn't read your message till the end, sorry. I'm investigating the problem.

Fran

Francisco Igual Peña

Nov 2, 2015, 1:57:53 PM11/2/15
to libflame-discuss
Luis,

While we work on a more elegant solution, you can easily make it compile by adding

--with-extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/cuda/include"

to your configure line. Please adapt it to match your CUDA implementation. Please revert the source file to its original state (including "cublas.h") prior to configuring and compiling.

Fran

Field G. Van Zee

Nov 2, 2015, 2:18:46 PM11/2/15
to libflame...@googlegroups.com