Compiling libflame Library for bare metal on A53

khana...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2017, 2:31:29 AM4/17/17
to libflame-discuss
Hi All,
I am trying to compile the "libflame" library code for A53 and use it on bare metal (without any OS). There are issues when I am executing my elf which has statically linked the "libflame.a". During debug I found the library is using sprintf which is generating some incorrect address. It seems the libc used by the libflame.a is not correct. Can someone help me on this to find out the correct configuration/compilation flags. I am using the aarch64-elf-gcc toolchain from Linaro. (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02))

Thanks & Regards
Asif

Field G. Van Zee

Apr 17, 2017, 5:14:27 PM4/17/17
to libflame...@googlegroups.com
Asif,

Thanks for your interest in libflame.

I don't know anything about "bare metal" builds, but if you have correctly
diagnosed the problem as the wrong libc being linked, then I suspect the
problem is not with libflame. I could be mistaken, but I believe your compiler
chooses the C library at link time and that neither libflame's source code nor
its build system affect that decision.

Perhaps others on the list can chime in.

Field

Asif Khan

Apr 17, 2017, 11:21:54 PM4/17/17
to Field G. Van Zee, libflame...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Field,
     I have diagnosed the problem and executed "libflame" on bare metal (A53). The issue was related to semihosting. I had to over ride the functions of studio.h with my own functions, this has resolved the issue. Thanks again for your kind help.

Regards
Asif