libflame compile issue

Stefano Ferraro

May 19, 2020, 12:11:46 PM5/19/20
to libflame...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i've try to compile blis and libflame under gcc x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.5.0 and 9.3.0 but obtained the same error:
Archiving lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libflame.a
make: execvp: /usr/bin/env: List of arguments too long
make: *** [Makefile:541: lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libflame.a] Error 127
Please help me.

Stefano Ferraro
via Emilio Savonanzi 18 62032 Camerino MC Italy
tel 0737632541 mobile 3936729898
mail & gtalk stelinux01(at)gmail(dot)com

Field Van Zee

May 19, 2020, 1:21:04 PM5/19/20
to libflame-discuss
Hi Stefano,

Please see issue #28 for details [1]. In short, you'll need to use the --enable-max-arg-list-hack option when running configure since the default link/archive command exceeds your the limit set by your operating system.

It seems people are encountering this issue more and more lately, and as a result I am contemplating changing configure so that this option is enabled by default.

If you encounter any future problems or have a question, we encourage you to open an issue on GitHub [2].

Field