Another fixed point math library

Petteri Aimonen

Aug 7, 2014, 4:06:45 AM8/7/14
to libfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There also seems to be a library called "fixmath" by Axis Communications:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fixmath/

May be worth taking a look, and this may also cause some confusion as the compiled binary from that is called "libfixmath.so".

--
Petteri

Ben Brewer

Aug 7, 2014, 12:58:17 PM8/7/14
to libfi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
    Looks like that library is actually younger than ours, so they're the ones clashing really. I don't see any collisions happening since I see no reason to ever compile this into a shared object.

For a fully functioning system it's almost always faster to use floating point, this was only ever intended for embedded stuff for the most part.

Regards,
Ben (aka Flatmush)