Support for metadata and injected file data in Rackspace

Tom White

Nov 23, 2009, 6:00:10 PM11/23/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
I've created a patch that adds support for (optional) Rackspace
metadata and injected file data. (These features are described in the
developers guide at
http://docs.rackspacecloud.com/servers/api/cs-devguide-latest.pdf.)

http://github.com/tomwhite/libcloud/commit/b139e38f09d4d9472cc4fd04687f343c7dcb3743

Cheers,
Tom

Jeremy Orem

Nov 23, 2009, 6:41:47 PM11/23/09
to libcloud
Looks good! I think it's time we start using ElementTree to create XML
rather than patching together strings. I've made that change in:

http://github.com/oremj/libcloud/commit/317866d751f8b1f6f7fff371455bddc43681bdc7

Does anyone have issues with creating the XML tree that way?

-Jeremy
> http://github.com/tomwhite/libcloud/commit/b139e38f09d4d9472cc4fd0468...
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

Tom White

Nov 23, 2009, 6:46:07 PM11/23/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
+1 That's much more readable.

Thanks,
Tom
> This mailing list is now located at libc...@incubator.apache.org.
>
> Please resubscribe to the list by sending an email to libcloud-...@incubator.apache.org.

Soren Hansen

Nov 24, 2009, 7:08:00 AM11/24/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:41:47PM -0800, Jeremy Orem wrote:
> Looks good! I think it's time we start using ElementTree to create XML
> rather than patching together strings.
>
> Does anyone have issues with creating the XML tree that way?

I'm happy with the switch to ElementTree. However, you seem to have
accidentally renamed the "path" attribute to "key" when you ported
it[1].

[1]: Line 183 on

http://github.com/oremj/libcloud/commit/317866d751f8b1f6f7fff371455bddc43681bdc7

--
Soren Hansen |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team

signature.asc

Jeremy Orem

Nov 24, 2009, 11:30:51 AM11/24/09
to libcloud
Nice catch! Fixed in http://github.com/oremj/libcloud/commit/df62a1e445aa9d701c3150218796be8fb641b2d9.

On Nov 24, 4:08 am, Soren Hansen <so...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:41:47PM -0800, Jeremy Orem wrote:
> > Looks good! I think it's time we start using ElementTree to create XML
> > rather than patching together strings.
>
> > Does anyone have issues with creating the XML tree that way?
>
> I'm happy with the switch to ElementTree. However, you seem to have
> accidentally renamed the "path" attribute to "key" when you ported
> it[1].
>
> [1]: Line 183 on
>
>    http://github.com/oremj/libcloud/commit/317866d751f8b1f6f7fff371455bd...
>
> --
> Soren Hansen                 |
> Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team
> Canonical Ltd.               |http://www.ubuntu.com/
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Soren Hansen

Nov 26, 2009, 4:31:39 AM11/26/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:30:51AM -0800, Jeremy Orem wrote:
> Nice catch! Fixed in http://github.com/oremj/libcloud/commit/df62a1e445aa9d701c3150218796be8fb641b2d9.

Any idea when this might get merged into trunk?

signature.asc

Jeremy Orem

Nov 30, 2009, 4:00:48 PM11/30/09
to libcloud