Python version, was Re: [libcloud] Re: adding passwords to the node field

1 visning

Paul Querna

oläst,
20 okt. 2009 22:46:542009-10-20
till libc...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Sébastien <arna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After submitting this, I felt bad about the verbose form of some of
> the code I committed, so I went and introduced more 2.6+ pythonic
> expressions to simplify the code:
> http://github.com/arnaudsj/libcloud/commit/ee585323f390d04c178a2dddf86996bb719e5a9c
> However, I am not sure if you guys have any guidelines regarding which
> version of python you want to support with libcloud.

I don't think we have thought up an official policy, though I think
Python >= 2.4. is likely a good baseline, and requiring 2.6 is
definately a little too early imo.

I looked at the commit referenced, and from what i saw those are just
list comprehensions (pep-0202) which have been around since 2.0 (?)
Is there another change which requires 2.6 or am I just missing
something?

Thanks,

Paul

Jed Smith

oläst,
22 okt. 2009 11:14:272009-10-22
till libc...@googlegroups.com
On Oct 20, 2009, at 10:46 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
> I don't think we have thought up an official policy, though I think
> Python >= 2.4. is likely a good baseline, and requiring 2.6 is
> definately a little too early imo.

For Linode's case, 2.6 is nice because it comes with json in the
standard library. For the baseline, I'd suggest 2.4 as well; Linode's
driver will not work without some kind of JSON parsing environment (it
checks for 'json' and 'simplejson'), and simplejson is compatible with
2.4+.

Regards,
Jed

Jeremy Orem

oläst,
9 nov. 2009 20:57:032009-11-09
till libcloud
I'd suggest 2.5, since we have been using ElementTree for all XML
parsing and hashlib in a few places. We could shoot for 2.4, but it
would require a lot of rewriting.

-Jeremy
Svara alla
Svara författaren