ASF: First steps

Paul Querna

Nov 10, 2009, 12:59:45 PM11/10/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The vote passed at the Apache Software Foundation last week, and
libcloud is now officially a Apache Software Foundation Incubator
Project:
<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/libcloud.html>

It will take a bit before all the infrastructure is setup at the ASF,
but what would help is if everyone who is a committer could please
fill out and submit an Apache iCLA:
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>
Short: This gives the Apache Software Foundation a license to the code
you wrote for libcloud -- IANAL, but am happy to answer anyones
questions about the process :-)

The easiest way is to email a signed copy to secr...@apache.org, but
info on faxing/mailing is on the page above.

Once that is done, we can request creation of an apache.org account,
and look at moving source control.

Later this week we will also likely close the google-groups mailing
lists, and move them to the Apache Lists.

Any questions?

-Paul

Ivan Meredith

Nov 10, 2009, 3:06:25 PM11/10/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com
2009/11/11 Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>:
Are we moving to SVN? They dont do git?

Paul Querna

Nov 10, 2009, 4:58:53 PM11/10/09
to libc...@googlegroups.com

The conical source repository at Apache is SVN.

Apache automatically can create read only git mirrors:
<http://git.apache.org/>

There are instructions on the page above to also use git-svn based on
those mirrors.