Cannot run the PZ model because of qrupdate not found

Yinsen Miao

Oct 22, 2018, 5:35:01 PM10/22/18
to LibBi Users

Hi All,

I installed LibBi on ubuntu using linuxbrew. Then I tried to run the example code PZ but it gave me the following errors:

~/Documents/libbi/PZ-master$ ./run.sh
Error: ./configure failed with return code 1. required QRUpdate library not found. See .PZ/build_openmp_sse_sm_30/configure.log and .PZ/build_openmp_sse_sm_30/config.log for details
Error: ./configure failed with return code 1. required QRUpdate library not found. See .PZ/build_openmp_sse_sm_30/configure.log and .PZ/build_openmp_sse_sm_30/config.log for details

Then I checked the dependence of libBi using the brew info. Clearly, qrupdate is already in /home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/Cellar/qrupdate but libBi cannot find it.

Can anyone have a clue about this error? Thank you in advance!

$ brew info libbi
libbi: stable 1.4.2 (bottled), HEAD
Bayesian state-space modelling on parallel computer hardware
https://libbi.org/
/home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/Cellar/libbi/1.4.2_1 (2,209 files, 14.5MB) *
  Poured from bottle on 2018-10-22 at 15:32:01
From: https://github.com/Linuxbrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/libbi.rb
==> Dependencies
Required: automake ✔, boost ✔, gsl ✔, netcdf ✔, qrupdate ✔, perl ✔
--HEAD
Install HEAD version
==> Analytics
install: 8 (30d), 26 (90d), 152 (365d)
install_on_request: 8 (30d), 24 (90d), 143 (365d)
build_error: 0 (30d)

Sebastian Funk

Oct 23, 2018, 6:13:09 AM10/23/18
to Yinsen Miao, LibBi Users
This looks like you've got qrupdate is installed but the compiler doesn't find it. You could try setting LDFLAGS and see if that makes a difference:

$ export LDFLAGS="-L/home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/lib"

Alternatively, perhaps try one of the non-linuxbrew install methods.

Yinsen Miao

Nov 2, 2018, 12:26:13 AM11/2/18
to LibBi Users
Dear Sebastian,

I tried your method and it worked!! Thank you so much!!

Best,

Yinsen