Use of the "sample_obs" function (rbi package)

Clara Champagne

Oct 23, 2019, 4:10:59 AM10/23/19
to LibBi Users
Hi all,

I am a new libbi user, using the rbi package and I had some unexpected results with the sample_obs function.
I attach an example with a deterministic SIS epidemic model re-fitted on simulated data.
It seems that the state variables are well estimated, but the sampled observations from the posterior (using sample_obs) are very far from the data (plot1).
I tried the function sample(bi, target="prediction", with="transform-obs-to-state") instead, and obtained completely different results (plot2).

Am I using these functions correctly? or do you have an idea why I observe such results ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Clara
simulate_sis.R
SIS.bi
plot1.pdf
plot2.pdf

Sebastian Funk

Oct 23, 2019, 11:16:34 AM10/23/19
to Clara Champagne, LibBi Users
Hi Clara,

I've pushed a fix (I think) to the rbi repository. Can you re-install from github and see if it improves things?

Seb.

Clara Champagne

Oct 24, 2019, 3:28:01 AM10/24/19
to LibBi Users
Hi Seb,

This improves things a lot: it looks very good now!
Many thanks,

Clara