error in function call archive_write_header - cant translate gname'(null)' to CP437

mani

Jul 9, 2021, 2:26:07 PM7/9/21
to libarchive-discuss
Hello,
in function call archive_write_header() , I am getting an error message

cant translate gname '(null)' to CP437

when I set gname to empty string, this error goes away.

This is a problem only in windows and not in unix systems.

Is this a known bug?
When using libarchive in windows:
Is it mandatory to set gname and uname to empty strings before archive_write_header() call?
Is it mandatory to set gid and uid to 0 before archive_write_header() call?
is it mandatory to set permissions thru archive_entry_set_mode() before archive_write_header() call?

libarchive documentation is not at all clear on these points.

Thanks a lot,
mani