Linking on Windows

omgal...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 10:33:17 PM2/21/18
to libarchive-discuss
Hi all,

I'm trying to link an application against libarchive on Windows. I build the lib using Visual Studio 2017, and though I did find the static .lib file I can't find the 'include' folder with the library headers in the build dir. The 'INSTALL' target just puts man pages into my install dir. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Tim Kientzle

Feb 25, 2018, 2:43:39 PM2/25/18
to omgal...@gmail.com, libarchiv...@googlegroups.com

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 4:58 PM, omgal...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to link an application against libarchive on Windows. I build the lib using Visual Studio 2017, and though I did find the static .lib file I can't find the 'include' folder with the library headers in the build dir.

There are only two public headers: archive.h and archive_entry.h

> The 'INSTALL' target just puts man pages into my install dir. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

I don't think anyone has yet filled in the necessary pieces to have a correct 'install' from the CMake build. We'd appreciate help in making this work.

Cheers,

Tim

Martin Galvan

Feb 26, 2018, 10:51:26 PM2/26/18
to Tim Kientzle, libarchiv...@googlegroups.com
> I don't think anyone has yet filled in the necessary pieces to have a correct 'install' from the CMake build. We'd appreciate help in making this work.

Thanks. I actually realized that I hadn't set the ENABLE_INSTALL
option in CMake. That seems to do the trick.