UUE files handling

clas...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 10:10:08 AM12/11/18
to libarchive-discuss
I encoded a docx file with uuencode and when I extract it with libarchive it extracts not just the docx from the uue but it also extracts everything from the docx, when compressing docx with zip it knows to only extract docx from the zip file and doesn't try to extract the docx.

How can I get the same behavior with uue?

Tim Kientzle

Dec 15, 2018, 1:57:43 PM12/15/18
to clas...@gmail.com, libarchiv...@googlegroups.com
You've probably called

archive_read_support_format_all()

at some point in your setup. This enables Zip extraction. If you don't want Zip extraction, don't call this.

Instead, you probably want:

archive_read_support_format_raw()

Cheers,

Tim

Caveat: Don't enable "raw" and other formats at the same time without carefully considering the implications. In particular, if you might ever try to read damaged or malformed data, this will change how errors get handled.

> On Dec 11, 2018, at 7:10 AM, clas...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I encoded a docx file with uuencode and when I extract it with libarchive it extracts not just the docx from the uue but it also extracts everything from the docx, when compressing docx with zip it knows to only extract docx from the zip file and doesn't try to extract the docx.
>
> How can I get the same behavior with uue?

clas...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 2:34:59 AM12/17/18
to libarchive-discuss
Yes I did but I do want to support zip extraction as well.
I just don't want docx to be extracted (same as happens when I put docx into zip file)