Libarchive 2.7 Release Candidate

Tim Kientzle

Apr 10, 2009, 8:35:42 PM4/10/09
to libarchive-announce
I've just posted libarchive-2.6.992a, which should be
the final test release prior to the official libarchive 2.7.
I've received a few reports from the previous two
test releases and fixed a few minor bugs. Unless
there are serious problems with this release,
I plan to publish libarchive 2.7.0 one week from
today.

The test release can be downloaded from the usual place:

http://libarchive.googlecode.com/files/libarchive-2.6.992a.tar.gz

Please try this out and let me know if you find any
problems.

I'm also looking for input about what features should
go into libarchive 2.8. My current thinking is outlined
on the "Release Notes" page in the libarchive Wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/libarchive/wiki/ReleaseNotes

Cheers,

Tim Kientzle