A few updates...

kien...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2009, 6:30:46 PM2/18/09
to libarchive-announce
I'm expecting to cut the first libarchive 2.7 alpha releases in about
a month. There's been an immense amount of progress since 2.6, but a
few things still need attention. If anyone has time to experiment or
give feedback, I would much appreciate:

* Windows build. The cmake build system has a lot of promise but
still has some rough corners. In particular, it seems to need better
documentation; detailed instructions for building with a few popular
environments would help. I've filled in a first sketch for MacOS/
Xcode but could use help with VS and other environments.

* Documentation. There have been a number of new public functions
added to the API and the man pages are falling a bit behind. It would
be very nice to get the man pages converted for the Googlecode Wiki.
I've also been putting up Wiki documentation for various libarchive
internals; feedback always appreciated.