Not compatible with GWT 2.7

Robert Stone

Oct 10, 2014, 4:06:20 AM10/10/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm experimenting with upgrading our application to use GWT 2.7 and have found that the compilation fails due to the 2.7 UiBinderWriter constructor having a new parameter that isn't present in the version you have 'overridden' in lib-gwt-svg. Do you have any plans to provide a 2.7 compatible version of the library ?

Cheers
Rob

Lukas Laag

Oct 13, 2014, 3:37:59 PM10/13/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
> --
Yes I plan to do that. I was waiting for an official 2.7 build to get
started on that. I can push a modified version of UiBinderWriter.java to
the lib-gwt-svg repo if this can help you. I will post to the group when
it is done (in a few days hopefully).
Regards

Lukas

Robert Stone

Oct 14, 2014, 5:58:38 AM10/14/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lukas, that's good to hear. No need to push the modified UiBinderWriter patch yet as I created my own so that I could make some progress. We are happy to wait for the official release.

Rob

On Monday, 13 October 2014 20:37:59 UTC+1, Lukas Laag wrote:
On 10/10/2014 10:06 AM, Robert Stone wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm experimenting with upgrading our application to use GWT 2.7 and have
> found that the compilation fails due to the 2.7 UiBinderWriter
> constructor having a new parameter that isn't present in the version you
> have 'overridden' in lib-gwt-svg. Do you have any plans to provide a 2.7
> compatible version of the library ?
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Mickaël Leduque

Oct 30, 2014, 9:03:52 AM10/30/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
GWT 2.7-RC1 is published (after a beta1 some time ago).
I wanted to test the SDM evolutions, but we rely on libgwt-svg.

Do you have a branch that is compatible with 2.7 ?

Pavel Kakolin

Nov 21, 2014, 4:58:09 PM11/21/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
GWT 2.7.0 is now officially released. Is it possible to deploy fixed gwt-svg version to maven central now?

On Monday, October 13, 2014 9:37:59 PM UTC+2, Lukas Laag wrote:
On 10/10/2014 10:06 AM, Robert Stone wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm experimenting with upgrading our application to use GWT 2.7 and have
> found that the compilation fails due to the 2.7 UiBinderWriter
> constructor having a new parameter that isn't present in the version you
> have 'overridden' in lib-gwt-svg. Do you have any plans to provide a 2.7
> compatible version of the library ?
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Lukas Laag

Nov 21, 2014, 5:51:07 PM11/21/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the lib and made the promotion requests to maven-central.
There is a small delay for the code to reach central (about a day or so
I believe).
Lukas

Alexander Polunochev

Dec 2, 2014, 4:29:08 PM12/2/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for publishing an update! Although I have some troubles working with it.

Just added the latest library (0.5.10) to my project as a part of upgrade to GWT 2.7 from GWT 2.6.1 and I see the following in the build logs:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/vectomatic/dev/svg/impl/gen/ExternalSVGResourceGenerator : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

We use java 6 for compilation. Then I tried to run a build with jdk7 and logs contained:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderWriter.<init>(Lcom/google/gwt/core/ext/typeinfo/JClassType;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/google/gwt/core/ext/typeinfo/TypeOracle;Lcom/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/MortalLogger;Lcom/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/FieldManager;Lcom/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/messages/MessagesWriter;Lcom/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/DesignTimeUtils;Lcom/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/UiBinderContext;ZZLjava/lang/String;Lcom/google/gwt/dev/resource/ResourceOracle;)V

Any ideas what can I try to work around this?
Thank you.

Alexander Polunochev

Dec 2, 2014, 4:44:05 PM12/2/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
It seems that this UiBinderWriter class is present in both gwt-user.jar and lib-gwt-svg.jar
Hm, what's the right strategy to setup a build for the project with lib-gwt-svg?

Lukas Laag

Dec 3, 2014, 4:07:10 AM12/3/14
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Regarding jdk6 vs jdk7, lib-gwt-svg is built with jdk7. jdk6 will not accept classes built with later versions of the jdk (jdk is backward compatible, not forward compatible !). You should consider upgrading, jdk6 is a really old release.
Regarding the second issue, you need to have the lib-gwt-svg jar before the GWT jars in your classpath, because lib-gwt-svg 'patches' the GWT jars to enable integration of SVG with GWT UIBinder annotations (see http://www.vectomatic.org/libs/lib-gwt-svg/getting-started and http://www.vectomatic.org/libs/lib-gwt-svg/uibinder-integration-with-lib-gwt-svg)
Lukas