Re: UiBinder integration

Lukas Laag

Jun 19, 2013, 9:56:01 AM6/19/13
to lib-g...@googlegroups.com, Pavel Kakolin
On 06/19/2013 02:26 PM, Pavel Kakolin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does gwt-svg still require its jar to be before gwt's one in classpath
> for UiBinder to work?
>
> As for my code with GWT 2.5.1 jar being before libgwt's one in classpath
> binding fails with
>
> ERROR: Found unexpected child element: <svg...
>

> The same code works with jars placed vice versa, but I'm afraid of using
> such trick in real life.
>
> As for documentation, it says that the problem should be solved after
> release of GWT 2.1, but seems it is still not.
>
> --

Yes you still need the lib-gwt-svg jar to be placed before the GWT jar.
The GWT API to integrate third-party extensions in the UIBinder syntax
has not materialized so far, so the hack still applies.
I encourage you to make a diff between the GWT 2.5.1 code and
lib-gwt-svg 0.5.7 on the com.google.* packages if you want to get a
better idea of what is done. As you will see it is not too scary...

Lukas