license

Matthew Shaw

Sep 3, 2019, 2:28:17 AM9/3/19
to lib-gwt-svg
Hi, what is the licensing for the latest version of the lib? I'd like to use it in my closed source app, but the site is a bit confusing, it mentions both LGPL and apache 2.

Matthew Shaw

Sep 3, 2019, 4:27:01 AM9/3/19
to lib-gwt-svg
reading the license, which category does this lib fall into? I am importing the jar into my program and my product is closed source, accessible only via the web.

  • If you create a program that links through a shared library mechanism to a work that is separately distributed under LGPLv3, then you can distribute the resultant program under a license of your choice and you need not convey the LGPLv3’d work’s source code. If you distribute the library along with your program, or are the separate distributor of the work in another context or as another product, you must distribute its corresponding source under the terms of LGPLv3 or GPLv3-or-later.
  • If you choose to statically link or otherwise combine your program with an LGPLv3’d work via mechanisms other than a shared library, you may choose your own license for the work provided the license terms limitations for user modification, reverse engineering and debugging are met, and given that the LGPL’d components are still governed by LGPL’s terms. You must offer or provide CCS for the LGPL’d components. The source code material provided must be sufficient to regenerate the combined work with a user-modified version of the LGPL’d components.