Android Support for lib-gwt-file

Niaz Ahamed

Feb 22, 2013, 9:23:18 AM2/22/13
to lib-gw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using GWT Client side compiled "HTML5/JS" in my Android webView.
I found the page that contains this HTML5 File API " lib-gwt-file " is not opening in the Android Webview. But the same is working as intended in Chrome.
Kindly advise me.

Lukas Laag

Feb 23, 2013, 6:39:52 AM2/23/13
to lib-gw...@googlegroups.com, Niaz Ahamed
> --

I have done some tests on my own on an Acer Iconia Android tablet
running 4.0.3 and my sample app http://www.vectomatic.org/libs/lib-gwt-file

It works fine with Chrome and FF19

I have done some tests with the built-in browser and there things do not
work that well (it does not use the same version of webkit as the one
embedded in Chrome I believe). I am only able to load text and svg
files. This means that the File API is only partially implemented in
this version of Android. If you study the code of the sample app, you
will see that depending on the file type, I use different strategies to
load the file to test all the possible code paths in the API. So if you
stick to the supported paths (ie: no typed arrays and no
FileUtils.createObjectURL), that should work.

What version of Android are you using ?

If you use a version older than 4.0.3, things may not work at all, you
need to test your browser with http://html5test.com/ and see if the File
API is supported

Regards

Lukas