Read/Write

dangelo...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 5:57:50 AM7/2/13
to lib-gw...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I would need a method to read / write to file (for a playn project) that will run on HTML.
I was advised to use lib-gwt-file, sincerely on the internet I can not understand how it works.
Could someone explain to me how y can read and / or write a file with this library, I'd be really grateful.
Greetings
Daniel

Lukas Laag

Jul 2, 2013, 4:05:58 PM7/2/13
to lib-gw...@googlegroups.com, dangelo...@gmail.com
> --

Hi Daniel,

The library is just a GWT wrapper around the W3C File API. The best way
to get started is by reading a tutorial (such as MDN) on the W3C File
API and then studying the sample GWT app and its source code:

Here are some pointers which will help you I hope:

1/ MDN on the file API
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Using_files_from_web_applications

2/ The file API spec (for reference)
http://www.w3.org/TR/FileAPI/

3/ A sample app which demonstrates all the ways you can use the API
http://www.vectomatic.org/gwt/lib-gwt-file-test-latest/lib-gwt-file-test.html
http://www.vectomatic.org/mvn-sites/lib-gwt-file-test-latest/xref/index.html

4/ homepage for lib-gwt-file
http://www.vectomatic.org/libs/lib-gwt-file

Please note that the W3C File API allows you to read files from the
filesystem, not write them. There is another spec for that
(http://www.w3.org/TR/file-writer-api/) but I do not know if it is
implemented yet

Lukas

dangelo...@gmail.com