The Resistance

Spikey

Jan 26, 2011, 7:50:46 AM1/26/11
to Lib Gaming UK
I played this game at the gaming in libraries day last week and loved
it! However, I can't seem to find it in stock ANYWHERE, but when it
was mentioned someone said it would be easy enough to print off/make.
Yes it would and I've tried to find the BASIC rules and a list of
cards needed and so on, but can't find a straightforward list anywhere
(yet!). Can anyone help? I'm a dab hand at photoshop!

Bren

Cross,Carl (Cultural & Community Services)

Jan 26, 2011, 7:59:15 AM1/26/11
to lib-ga...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bren,

Is it out of stock at Spirit Games? I can't get their catalogue to work
to check.

Sometimes Spirit gets a limited amount of games direct from the big
boardgames show at Essen for early adopters. It's new though so it will
come back into stock. I should say the same is true of other retailers.

The Resistance is a version of an open source game called Werewolf or
Mafia which you can make yourself and theme any way you like.

An overview here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/925/werewolf

Sample rules and cards here (but plenty of other variants available on
the net and commercially):

http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Werewolf/Rules.html

Hope this helps,

Carl.

Bren

Think before you print! Save energy and paper.
Do you really need to print this email?

Derbyshire County Council works to improve the lives of local people by delivering high quality services.
You can find out more about us by visiting 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk'. If you want to work for us go to our job pages on 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs'. You can register for e-mail alerts, download job packs and apply on-line.

Please Note:

This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.

Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.

Cross,Carl (Cultural & Community Services)

Jan 26, 2011, 8:03:25 AM1/26/11
to lib-ga...@googlegroups.com
I should also say that I've played Werewolf with my horror reading group
and it was a right laugh.

Got some very strange looks though.

Carl.

Spikey

Jan 26, 2011, 8:50:20 AM1/26/11
to Lib Gaming UK
No, it's out of stock at Spirit Games - and my club starts on Monday!
No problem, I can remember it pretty well from playing it, I just
needed to know how many cards to make, but I think I can work it out!

Bren

On Jan 26, 12:59 pm, "Cross,Carl (Cultural & Community Services)"
> ***************************************************************************­***
> Please Note:
>
> This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.
>
> Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.
>
> Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.

Darth Phil

Jan 27, 2011, 8:25:27 AM1/27/11
to Lib Gaming UK
Hiya,

I have been able to check the supplier catalogue and Esdevium are out
of stock, which is a shame as I wanted a copy as well.

Phil Saunders

Spikey

Jan 28, 2011, 4:10:18 AM1/28/11
to Lib Gaming UK
Yes I tried trawling round a few places and no one had one in stock -
but I managed to make a reasonable set until I manage to get hold of
the actual one. What I'd like now is a simple set of
rules! .....actually, no, what I REALLY want is Peter from Kirk Ireton
to come and explain it!

Bren

Cross,Carl (Cultural & Community Services)

Jan 28, 2011, 9:24:48 AM1/28/11
to lib-ga...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bren,

>>...but I managed to make a reasonable set until I manage to get hold
of
>>the actual one.

And before I go any further I agree you should absolutely go out buy one
as soon as it becomes available.

As Darth Phil mentioned it's currently out of stock with the
distributors but apparently there is a boatload of them heading our way.
They should start to hit shops around March so not too long to wait.

One thing I didn't know about The Resistance is that it was originally a
print and play game. One of a few that has been picked up and published,
the other one off the top of my head is Zombie in My Pocket. Just goes
to show there are some gems to be had out there.

Since it is now available commercially the rules have been removed from
most websites.

This rules summary sheet might be of some use but it foxed me
completely! Although I've only played it once a month or so ago and
frankly I'm not that hard to fox:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/55031/the-resistance-2-5x3-5-rules-ref
resher-cheat-sheet

This video will probably jog your memory a bit more, narrated by the
current publisher of the game:

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/4342/the-resistance/game-rules-and-sample
-turn

Peter said he was happy to be contacted and I'll send his details out
soon along with the other stuff I promised to send out and haven't had
time. Sorry everyone.

Hope this helps and I hope you manage to get your own copies soon.

Let us know how your inaugural games session goes.

Carl.

Kevin O

Jan 31, 2011, 4:42:27 AM1/31/11
to Lib Gaming UK
Hi Bren

I think Carl's links may have covered everything, however we played
The Resistance two weeks ago and as part of my regular blog I wrote a
review of it that may be of interest. It also has photo's of the
various cards and a game in a very unusual place.
http://kevinandgames.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-resistance.html

Kevin

Spikey

Jan 31, 2011, 5:32:19 AM1/31/11
to Lib Gaming UK
Oh I will definitely be buying the game as soon as a/ it comes in
stock and b/ the new budget comes in - I hate the 'must not order
anything from Feb to May' hiatus that our school/authority imposes,
makes planning and late orders difficult, especially since the club
will have been running for some weeks by then!

Thanks for the cheat sheet link, it's enough to jog my memory and I
would love contact details for Peter.

Club starts today - I have brought in Tsuro and Zombies, having tested
them both out at home with long-suffering spouse - Killer Bunnies I
think I will give a miss to for the time being, I am STILL trying to
work out how to play that one!

Bren

On Jan 28, 2:24 pm, "Cross,Carl (Cultural & Community Services)"
> Please Note:
>
> This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.
>
> Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.
>
> Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.

Spikey

Jan 31, 2011, 5:33:05 AM1/31/11
to Lib Gaming UK
Cool, I've saved the link and will look at home - silly internet
filters!