ViTables Issue

Skip to the first unread message

Colin Layfield

1 Sept 2018, 3:59:38 am1/9/18
to liam2-users
I see someone else posted about an issue with ViTables so I thought I'd have a go to.

I've installed it on my Mac (High Sierra OS).  I initially tried to install the latest from github but ended up installing that and doing a straight wheel install.  As far as I can tell all the dependencies (QtPy5, etc) were installed along with it.

When I try to run it, however, I get the following message:

[thoth-5:~] colin% vitables
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qtpy/__init__.py:211: RuntimeWarning: Selected binding "pyqt5" could not be found, using "pyside2"
  'using "{}"'.format(initial_api, API), RuntimeWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin/vitables", line 7, in <module>
    from vitables.start import gui
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/vitables/start.py", line 38, in <module>
    from vitables.vtapp import VTApp
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/vitables/vtapp.py", line 38, in <module>
    import vitables.utils
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/vitables/utils.py", line 42, in <module>
    import vitables.vtwidgets.renamedlg as renamedlg
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/vitables/vtwidgets/renamedlg.py", line 54, in <module>
    from qtpy.uic import loadUiType
ImportError: cannot import name 'loadUiType'

I'm a bit baffled at this point.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Colin

Gaëtan de Menten

4 Sept 2018, 4:49:28 am4/9/18
to liam2...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, but this does not seem related to LIAM2 at all. Please direct your question to the ViTables users' group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vitables-users).

Gaëtan

PS: LIAM2 uses ViTables, so we indeed discuss it once in a while but I can only offer support as far as LIAM2 is concerned, not general ViTables support.

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential information which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
Please note that e-mail messages cannot be considered as official information from the Federal Planning Bureau.

Colin Layfield

4 Sept 2018, 5:02:36 am4/9/18
to liam2-users
Thanks for the response.  2 points.

1) there was an earlier question on this technology in this group that was answered, that is why I am trying my luck here.
2) the group you suggested has not had any activity in a year and doesn't seem actively managed so isn't really all that useful.

I appreciate it may not seem relevant to many and if this is the case then feel free to delete my query.