Vitables issue

Bertrand GIROD

Feb 5, 2018, 9:34:06 AM2/5/18
to liam2-users
Hello,

I have a problem running Vitables (view command):
No module named PyQt4

So I installed this module for Python 2.7: PyQt4-4.11.4-gpl-Py2.7-Qt4.8.7-x64.exe
When relaunching I get the following error:

LIAM2 0.12.0alpha1 (64bit)

Launching ViTables ...
Trying to open: D: \ LIAM2 \ liam2-source \ liam2 \ tests \ examples \ demo.h5

ERROR: API 'QDate' has already been set to version 1

the technical error log can be found at d: \ LIAM2 \ Anaconda \ Scripts \ error.log

Content of the log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ liam2-source \ liam2 \ main.py", line 361, in <module>

hand()

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ liam2-source \ liam2 \ main.py", line 351, in main

return func (* args)

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ liam2-source \ liam2 \ main.py", line 200, in display

viewhdf (files)

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ liam2-source \ liam2 \ view.py", line 42, in viewhdf

from vitables.vtapp import VTApp

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ Anaconda \ lib \ site-packages \ vitables-3.0.0-py2.7.egg \ vitables \ vtapp.py", line 34, in <module>

from qtpy import QtCore

File "D: \ LIAM2 \ Anaconda \ lib \ site-packages \ qtpy \ __ init__.py", line 127, in <module>

sip.setapi ('QDate', 2)
ValueError: API 'QDate' has already been set to version 1

FYI, I use Anaconda: Python 2.7.14 | Anaconda, Inc. | (default, Oct 15 2017, 03:34:40) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Thanks for your help.

Gaëtan de Menten

Feb 5, 2018, 10:38:31 AM2/5/18
to liam2...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bertrand,

The installation instructions were quite out of date until very recently and still do not mention the fact that installation using anaconda is currently "broken" (anaconda includes newer versions of packages which are not supported yet). I am truly sorry about this and I will fix this ASAP.

Since you are on Windows, are you planning to modify LIAM2 itself? If not, you would have an easier time installing via the bundle provided on LIAM2 website.

Now, assuming you do want to install from source, you currently have to follow the instructions under the miniconda section:

https://github.com/liam2/liam2/blob/master/INSTALL.rst#using-miniconda-all-platforms

Note, that If you are using anaconda or miniconda, it is better to use the "conda" package manager to install new packages (for example qt/pyqt) instead of Windows installer like you did.

If you are not using anaconda for something else, I think it will be easier to uninstall anaconda and restart from scratch, following the instructions at:

https://github.com/liam2/liam2/blob/master/INSTALL.rst#using-miniconda-all-platforms

If you are using anaconda for something else I guess you will have to do something like this:

* uninstall pyqt4 using the uninstaller provided.

* uninstall vitables (I see you have vitables 3 installed, which is not supported yet)

* create a virtual environment for liam2, activate it and then follow the instructions below (except the step telling you to install miniconda):

https://github.com/liam2/liam2/blob/master/INSTALL.rst#using-miniconda-all-platforms

Sorry again for the trouble caused,

Gaëtan

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential information which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
Please note that e-mail messages cannot be considered as official information from the Federal Planning Bureau.