LIAM2 and Agent Based Modeling

Sergio Bacelar

Feb 19, 2018, 6:04:18 AM2/19/18
to liam2-users
Does anyone know if there are any experiences relating LIAM2 with Agent-Based Modeling, especially using NetLogo?

Gaëtan de Menten

Feb 27, 2018, 8:15:25 AM2/27/18
to liam2...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

There has not been any experience in that domain that I know of, even though I think many agent based models could be implemented using LIAM2. For some of them it might be impractical though. For example, LIAM2 has no specific feature handling position. It could certainly be implemented using simple x and y fields but I am unsure it would be practical. Worth a try though.

Gaëtan

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential information which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
Please note that e-mail messages cannot be considered as official information from the Federal Planning Bureau.

Gijs Dekkers

Aug 23, 2018, 2:14:59 AM8/23/18
to liam2-users
I remember vaguely that Tony Lawson (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tony_Lawson3) once wrote a NetLogo model starting from some of our LIAM2 examples. I do not know that it got evern published, though. I do not think LIAM2 was ever used for ABM as such.

Best

Gijs