Version 0.8.1 released

Gaëtan de Menten

Mar 19, 2014, 11:26:00 AM3/19/14
to liam2-a...@googlegroups.com
I am pleased to announce that version 0.8.1 of LIAM2 is now available.

This is a minor bug-fix release with one new random value generator
function (gumbel) thrown in for good measure.

More details and the complete list of changes are available below.

This new release can be downloaded on our website:
http://liam2.plan.be/pages/download.html

As always, *any* feedback is very welcome, preferably on the liam2-users
mailing list: liam2...@googlegroups.com (you need to register to be
able to post).

New features
------------

* added the gumbel() function to draw random numbers from the Gumbel
distribution (also known as the Smallest Extreme Value (SEV)
distribution). Thanks to Gijs Dekkers for the patch.

Fixes
-----

* fixed a performance regression in 0.8 when using very large negative
numbers as indices for a global (eg MINR[bad_index] where bad_indix
contains several -2147483648 values). Closes issue #121.

* fixed the (debug) interactive console to not produce a useless
warning if a global temporary was run before entering the console
(regression in 0.8). Closes issue #120.

* added missing documentation for assertFalse and assertNanEqual.

--
Gaėtan de Menten

Federal Planning Bureau
Economic Analyses & Forecasts