LGAM - new forum posts

LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts

Mar 10, 2013, 8:10:07 PM3/10/13
to lga...@googlegroups.com

LGAM - new forum posts

What exactly does this structure designed to do?

Can anyone tell me exactly what this structure is designed to do? It is rock studded concrete apron located upstream of a grated pit adjacent to a railway underpass. I am guessing it is designed to dissipate the energy of the stormwater entering the pit to ensure their is no overshoot on to the railway line below, but I'm not 100% sure that this is its function.

drainage-inlet-structure-epping.jpg
Forum category: Hidden / Per page discussions
Forum thread: Drainage Inlet Structure Photo No.1
You are subscribed to email updates from LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google

LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts

Mar 11, 2013, 11:51:24 PM3/11/13
to lga...@googlegroups.com

Re: What exactly does this structure designed to do?

Hi Wayne

I checked with Rob Calligaris and he said its just to slow the water so it enters the pit and doesn't overshoot.

Regards

Bruce Janke

LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts

Mar 14, 2013, 8:24:31 PM3/14/13
to lga...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Bruce.

I thought that was probably the case, but I haven't seen too many of them around, and I thought it would be worth double checking.