LGAM - new forum posts

1 view

LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts

Nov 13, 2013, 8:10:30 PM11/13/13
to lga...@googlegroups.com

LGAM - new forum posts

5000 Pages

Just ticked over the 5000 page mark today. Quite a few of the 5000 are minor pages, and redirects, but it adds up to quite a lot of useful content all the same.

Forum category: General / News
Forum thread: 5000 Pages

Asset Management Plan Demand Forecasts

Here is the text (below) that I am considering adding to the City of Whittlesea's Asset Management Plans to tick the "Demand Forecast Box" with regard to self reporting against the National Asset Management Assessment Framework. I have looked at a number of published AM plans and most seem only to include a sentence or two that talk very generally about the factors effecting demand and some populations figures, so I believe I am on the right track, but I would be interested hear from anyone who has put more effort into this part of their asset management plans, and if so what sort of information they included.

"Although a number of factors including; technological advances, climate change, economic conditions and legislative changes are likely to impact the demand for Council services into the future, given Whittlesea's location on the urban fringe and its current and predicted growth rate, population growth is likely to have far greater effect than any other factor on future demand.

In the absence of any conflicting information it is reasonable to assume a linear relationship between total population and total demand, and the City of Whittlesea plans for future demand on this basis."

P.S. If you haven't included a demand forecast in your AMP as yet, feel free to reuse my words in any way you wish.

Forum category: Hidden / Per page discussions
Forum thread: Demand Forecast
You are subscribed to email updates from LGAM Knowledge Base - new forum posts
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google