Amendments to Article 34

Dawn McKenna

Mar 23, 2023, 1:57:54 PM3/23/23
to TMMA
Hi:

In conversation with members, it appears that several members are considering or have submitted possible amendments to Article 34. I too plan to offer an amendment. It is my understanding that although amendments are not technically due until April 3rd, the Planning Board intends to begin discussions at their meeting Wednesday.

In order to both keep it simple for the Moderator, Town Counsel, the Select Board, and all of us, it might be helpful for those contemplating to have a joint discussion to see where there are common interests.  If you agree, please email me directly at dawnforl...@yahoo.com (not through the group list) and let me know what you are considering/planning. Please include your phone number in your email. My goal is to organize everyone in the next few days so that Planning Board will have as much information as possible prior to their March 29th meeting. Working together in advance will help Town Meeting as a whole be more productive.

To be clear, no one is required to participate. If you do wish to join the discussion, regardless of any collective decisions, you are still free to act independently as you see fit. And, you still have until April 3rd to formally submit any motions. It is just my experience that making amendments to Planning articles is complicated. The more time, the better for all to digest.

Thanks,

Dawn

Dawn McKenna
Precinct 6