Globe article on Transfer fees

Kathryn Roy

Jun 10, 2024, 5:57:53 AMJun 10
to LexTMMA
Disappointing.
How real estate transfer taxes got derailed in the Legislature.pdf

b...@metaprosystems.com

Jun 10, 2024, 1:54:25 PMJun 10
to Kathryn Roy, LexTMMA

In my opinion $1m is too low for the tax to kick it, that would affect the majority of sales in Lexington. If should be $2m and then tied to inflation.

Bob Avallone

Ruth Thomas

Jun 10, 2024, 2:08:05 PMJun 10
to b...@metaprosystems.com, Kathryn Roy, LexTMMA
Same opinion. Thank you for posting, Bob.

Ruth Thomas, TMM4

Jay Luker

Jun 10, 2024, 2:50:28 PMJun 10
to Ruth Thomas, b...@metaprosystems.com, Kathryn Roy, LexTMMA
Does someone want to explain why a $1 million dollar home sale ought to be exempt from a tax to support affordable housing? The proportion of sales that it would impact in Lexington strikes me as immaterial.

--
Jay Luker, pct 1

ricki...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2024, 3:03:28 PMJun 10
to Jay Luker, Ruth Thomas, b...@metaprosystems.com, Kathryn Roy, LexTMMA
I agree with Jay. I will have to go back and see where our bylaw had the transfer fee kick in. That home rule petition is stuck in the Legislature.
Ricki Pappo
P2
Sent from my iPhone

Ricki Pappo

Jun 10, 2024, 6:11:41 PMJun 10
to Jay Luker, Ruth Thomas, b...@metaprosystems.com, Kathryn Roy, LexTMMA
Correction, our home rule was on linkage fees, not a transfer fee. Apologies for my quick response.
Ricki
P2