Is there a user guide?

Edwin Hurwitz

Jul 15, 2014, 1:25:24 AM7/15/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to use this with a version 1.10 MPX G2 and I can't get it to communicate (I know I can communicate in general, because I was able to load all my syses archived programs from my previous MPX G2). So, I'm wondering how to get this happening. Is there a user guide or FAQ?

I'm very excited to get this going! It's certainly going to be worth more than a beer if I can.

Thanks so much for creating it, Luc!

TIA
Edwin

Edwin Hurwitz

Jul 15, 2014, 1:28:34 AM7/15/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
PS I'm using a MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.5.

Luc Deschenaux

Jul 15, 2014, 6:32:25 AM7/15/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Edwin,

The help button in the toolbar display the page of the original MPXG2 user guide for the parameters you are editing.

Theres no user guide for the interface itself (yet...)

Normally you just have to drag and drop sysex files (with .syx suffix) in the browser window.

But you should go first in "Configuration" and set the MIDI input and output.

Maybe you should try to open the URL with Chrome instead of Safari.

Run it on a terminal window to see the URLs)

I compiled it with OSX 10.6.8, maybe you should try to rebuild it.

Source code is available at https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor

(Maybe RtMidi and node-midi need an update for 10.8.5 ?...
https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor/blob/master/src/node_midi.cc
https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor/tree/master/src/lib/RtMidi)
You're welcome, enjoy :-)

I did wrote an editor for the LXP-5 with MAX in the 90's and was hoping somebody would write one for the MPX-G2...  finally I had to help myself and write it..

Too bad no editor was available before, one of the reasons this rack was discontinued I believe.

The audio routing part still have to be written (I was not experienced with html5 canvas and WebGL when I wrote it 2 years ago :-)

Among other things (the preset banks stuff, or funny things like copy settings from one effect block to another preset etc)...

But time is short and I have a fork of myself to maintain now :-)

But who knows ?... I just bought a Martin DX1KAE to set my fork asleep :-) (Excellent guitar for the price btw , I love it)

Best regards,

Luc

TIA
Edwin