MPX-G2 editor new version ?

Luc Deschenaux

Jul 22, 2019, 9:39:26 PM7/22/19
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

I started a crowd-funding campaign for updating the MPX-G2 editor and working in its missing features, you may want to contribute in one way or another :-)

https://www.gofundme.com/f/lexicon-mpxg2-editor-development

ABOUT THE MPX-G2
The Lexicon MPX-G2  is the most advanced guitar multi-effect ever built, allowing to place any of 76 authentic effects anywhere in the signal chain without altering your amp's basic tone.

ABOUT ME
I am a 50 years old free software developer with 30 years experience and I live in Switzerland.

WHAT'S DONE YET
I did spend more than two months in 2012 to write a functional multi-platform (PC, Mac and Linux) open-source editor for the MPX-G2,  allowing to modify easily the ~2000 parameters using a browser, a tablet or a smartphone instead of the painful buttons and dialer of the front panel.

The source code is available at https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor and the binaries at https://miprosoft.com/mpxg2

FREE SOFTWARE IS FREE, BUT...
I did receive CHF 155.- from generous  donators over 7 years for this project. I love making myself useful doing what I like, what people want, and what I'm skilled to. Halas it was not enough for motivating or funding further development.

WHAT THE FUNDS WILL BE USED FOR
Actually I am unemployed and I have a family to sustain. I would be very grateful if you give me the opportunity to continue spending time on this project as soon as possible.

MY FINANCIAL NEEDS
On a day-to-day basis I need at least CHF 5000.- per month to live in Geneva (CHF 1500.- to sustain my wife and my two children,  CHF 1000.- for an apartment,  CHF 600.- to pay my insurances, about CHF 800 for monthly expenses, and 20% of my income to pay my taxes)

WHAT I AM GONNA DO
Since 2012 I wish to add a graphical effects routing map editor (the main missing part from the core editor in my opinion) and a preset bank manager and sharing system.

Also now I wish to dissociate the editor from NodeJS, and to build a Docker container for a long-lasting solution. Building an Electron based standalone application is an option.

With the help of the owner of an unit using firmware 1.0 (by lending me his unit or allowing me to access remotely to his computer) I could also adapt the software for the old firmware 1.0.

FEEDBACK
You will be able to follow the work progress on github.

Software is made for users. Feedback from users is very important,  please do talk about your wishes/dreams/ideas/remarks/critics about the editor and what you would like to see done: https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor/issues

Thanks !

--
DESCHENAUX SOFTWARE & COMPUTER SERVICES
t: 0788 266 366