Firmware 1.0 support

Wayne Langford

Dec 14, 2012, 1:15:07 PM12/14/12
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a G2 with the original firmware and after contacting Lexicon several times over the last couple of years, they have finally informed me that they can no longer get the eproms for the firmware. I can't get any communication between the G2 and the software at this point and the read-me hints at a couple of small changes to make v 1.0 work. I'm just wondering if those are changes I can make or how difficult it would be to get?

thanks for your time,
Wayne

Paul Booth

Dec 14, 2012, 1:15:57 PM12/14/12
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
id love the newer one as well , if you get any info let me know

MikeyB777

Aug 11, 2013, 5:25:40 PM8/11/13
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've seen that you can order a new eprom w' v 1.1 (and a bunch of other goodies) here: http://www.stecrecords.com/?RecordId=376 which I'm saving my ducats for. In the meantime I'd love to be able to utilize the editor. Any updates on using it with v 1.0?
Thx!

Luc Deschenaux

Aug 11, 2013, 9:41:07 PM8/11/13
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm sorry I had no firmware 1.0 handy and the only user with the same request did not accept I log on his PC remotely.

So it was not possible for me to adapt the editor for it at the time...  Today it would take me more time because i'll have to refresh my memory.

Few months ago I was thinking about upgrading the editor to a standalone application using node-webkit (see GoPanda2), instead of opening a separate browser window on the machine with the MIDI interface; and to improve the editor and more get things done as well (eg: audio route editor).

Unfortunately I cannot spend time on it right now without sponsoring: I work only between 6 and 20 hours guaranteed monthly, interesting jobs at interesting fixed CHF prices in the area of free software development are rare, and I can barely cover my montly fees (not talking about the Nexus 7 i lost). So those dayz i need to spend my time on less altruistic projects... I hope i will be able to go on later.

Today your better option is to wait for eprom 1.1, or to put your own hands in the source code available on Github and send me a pull request (and the resulting control tree) :-)

Thanks for your interest !

Best regards,

Luc

Mikey Baker

Sep 14, 2013, 6:38:51 PM9/14/13
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luc,
Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for all your work- I'm gonna get me that eprom here asap. I wish I could support your efforts; when I get back around to having time to tweak my rig I will definitely contribute to the 'beer' fund.
Thanks again,
& Cheers!
Mikey

Billy Pamier

Dec 8, 2014, 4:46:16 PM12/8/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
What sort of problems are you experiencing? I have used the editor on both Mac and PC with a 1.0 MPX G2.

Luc Deschenaux

Dec 9, 2014, 2:01:52 AM12/9/14
On 09. 12. 14 04:46, Billy Pamier wrote:
> What sort of problems are you experiencing? I have used the editor on
> both Mac and PC with a 1.0 MPX G2.

Nice to know it :-) So Wayne had probably some MIDI configuration or
compatibility problems.

The first time you run the editor on a G2 with firmware 1.0, the editor
should take some time to browse dynamically the G2 parameter tree using
MIDI sysex messages and generate a file named "060F-0100.json" from the
replies (0100 being the firmware version).

I was not able to generate it for obvious reason... Could you send it to
me please ?

That file should be named 060F-0100.json and look like
https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor/blob/master/main/060F-0110.json

As far I remember (almost 3 years ago yet - damn), while almost
everything is dynamic, there was maybe a few values hardcoded :-( eg:
for the program dumps format (not sure about it)... If you can send me a
few program dumps of factory presets, it could help me also.

Also the file info060F-0100.json must be generated (manually) using
https://github.com/luxigo/Lexicon-MPX-G2-Editor/blob/master/main/info060F-0110.json
and the manual ... It is used to link parameters with the pdf manual
pages, and to determine the amount of processing steps used by effects
(a few effects were using a different amount of processing steps with
the original firmware I believe)

Thanks in advance !

Luc
> On Friday, December 14, 2012 10:15:07 AM UTC-8, Wayne Langford wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a G2 with the original firmware and after contacting
> Lexicon several times over the last couple of years, they have
> finally informed me that they can no longer get the eproms for the
> firmware. I can't get any communication between the G2 and the
> software at this point and the read-me hints at a couple of small
> changes to make v 1.0 work. I'm just wondering if those are
> changes I can make or how difficult it would be to get?
>
> thanks for your time,
> Wayne
>
> --

Luc Deschenaux

t: +41 788 266 366
v: +41 225 085 085 @ netvoip.ch

Billy Pamier

Dec 9, 2014, 7:04:50 PM12/9/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luc,

I am not seeing this file on my Mac install, even after searching the HD for anything related to the filename (060F-0100.json). I'll check my PC install tonight, but is there somewhere specific I should searching?

Billy

Billy Pamier

Dec 9, 2014, 7:08:01 PM12/9/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Sample program dump attached!

On Monday, December 8, 2014 11:01:52 PM UTC-8, Luc Deschenaux wrote:
ShimmerHall.syx

Billy Pamier

Dec 9, 2014, 9:39:12 PM12/9/14
to lexicon-mp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luc - I was unable to find the .json file on the PC either. Is it possible that it's not being created? All folders are set to Read/Write and I am running the exe As Administrator.

Luc Deschenaux

Dec 11, 2014, 5:36:28 AM12/11/14
On 10. 12. 14 09:39, Billy Pamier wrote:
> Hi Luc - I was unable to find the .json file on the PC either. Is it
> possible that it's not being created? All folders are set to Read/Write
> and I am running the exe As Administrator.

Mmnh that's weird, maybe your firmware returns the same version number
than firmware 1.1 or it's my bug...

Can't say now, I am far from my G2 until next month sorry.

Glad it saves you a lot of button work yet :-)

Best regards,

Luc