Come Plant some Soup: THURSDAY 1 - 3 pm

Janet Kern

Jun 4, 2013, 9:12:50 AM6/4/13
to lex-commu...@googlegroups.com
Many thank to Dennis Busa for providing and preparing a special space at Busa Farm for us to Grow Together this summer!

On Thursday, June 6th from 1 to 3 pm, we'll be planting LexFarm's new children's farm plot at Busa Farm, 52 Lowell St, Lexington.

Kids of all ages are invited to help...there are age appropriate jobs for everyone! Dress for a mess because this is a hands-on afternoon of actual planting...With help from Farmer Charlie, we will pick over the soil for stones to be removed, mark off rows and plant sunflower seeds, transplant veggie seedlings and start some other vegetables from seed ... by the end of the summer, we'll be able to make some great soup!!

Read more here and sign up soon!  Suggested donation of $5 per child.