3rd Annual "Wild Edible Walk" and Lunch at Nourish with Russ Cohen

Betsy Pollack-Benjamin

May 15, 2013, 4:54:45 PM5/15/13
to lex-commu...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, May 21, from 10:00am-1:30pm, nourish restaurant will be hosting a Wild Edible Walk followed by lunch at nourish restaurant.

The Greater Boston Area is home to over 100 species of edible wild plants, some of which are more nutritious and/or flavorful than their cultivated counterparts, and dozens of species of edible mushrooms. Join Russ Cohen, expert forager and author of Wild Plants I Have Known…and Eaten, for a morning talk at a nearby location in Lexington to learn about at least eighteen of the tastiest wild plant species in our midst. These range from plants everyone knows well, like Daisies and Dandelions, to plants they may never have even heard of, like Calamus and Black Locust. Russ will present information for each species on identification tips, edible portion(s), season(s) of availability and preparation methods, along with general guidelines for safe and environmentally-responsible foraging.

This event is being organized by Karen Masterson at nourish restaurant. The cost is $25, with a portion of the proceeds being donated to LexFarm.  Exact meeting place in Lexington will be provided for all those who register. Call nourish at 781 674-2400. Thank You for your support of locally grown initiatives!

image001.jpg
image004.jpg