This Week: Climate Change conversation and Eating with the EcoSystem

Janet Kern

Feb 25, 2013, 5:20:01 PM2/25/13
to lex-commu...@googlegroups.com
1. Community Conversation about Climate Change

Tuesday, February 26
6:45 - 9:30 pm
(program starts at 7 pm)
Keilty Hall, St. Brigid’s Church
2001 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington

Come out and join neighbors, town staff, LexFarm members and other community groups to learn how other towns are preparing for potential problems and share your thoughts about this issue in Lexington. This is an opportunity for those concerned about our local food production to voice those concerns and help place agriculture, organic gardening and education about our food system on the list of priorities for Lexington.

2. Eating with the EcoSystem

Thursday, February 28
Cocktail reception  6:00 pm; dinner at 6:30PM
Nourish Fresh Grill and Bar
1727 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA 02420

Cost is $30/person exclusive of beverages, tax and gratuity.

Join restauranteur-activist Karen Masterson to celebrate the late-winter treasures of Southern New England waters. Special guests: Katie Eagan will speak about her life as a shellfish and lobster fisherman from Bristol RI. Nathan Rebuck, scientist from NOAA Narragansett, will talk about his recent research on how ocean acidification is affecting seafood.

Reservations are available through the restaurant at (781) 674-2400.