Ends, beginnings, old things, new things . . .

1 view

Levi Fuller

Jun 11, 2021, 5:54:29 PM6/11/21
to Levi Fuller News
Hello there! Pardon me while I dust off this Google Group, which it seems I haven't used in almost 16 months. How have you been? Anything interesting or noteworthy happen to you since early 2020? I know, it's been a pretty quiet time. Anyway, I hope you're doing well.

Here's what's up with me on the music-and-art-and-weird-stuff front:

Jon and I bid adieu to our brilliant, ferocious, humble, and delightful drummer Dekker Deen this week. Dekker is heading back to his home town, and it all happened so fast we just got to play together a couple times in my basement before it was all over. No farewell show, alas, just a . . . see you around. If you'd like to enjoy some of Dekker's handiwork, do please revisit our "Scott Pruitt Must Die" cassingle and such bad things happen EP and this vintage Plastic Jet Airline set. I don't really know what's next for the Library, but I do know that I love playing loud music in a room with my friends and I don't plan to stop any time soon. (I also know that this town is filled with fantastic bands who will start playing in actual physical places this summer and fall and you. should. go.)

Now that we're all sick of streaming events, I have my first one this Saturday! I wrote a song inspired by the book All the Light We Cannot See for the Bushwick Book Club and video-phoned myself playing it in my basement. It will be streamed along with several other such songs by a delightful array of artists this Saturday evening at 7:30pm.

I didn't write a lot of music over the past year, but I did take part in a globe-spanning art game called TELEPHONE which ended up involving a total of 950 artists, over 100 of whom were musicians. I decided to compile a bunch of the music in one place for the newest installment of Ball of Wax Audio Quarterly. My piece, "Memory Is a Strange Thing," is not like my usual songs-based material, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

In February of 2007 I wrote and recorded an album as part of the RPM Challenge. Some of those songs ended up being reworked for Colossal, but most have not appeared anywhere since then. I will release this album, The I Is Not Always Me, next Friday, when Bandcamp will send their cut of all proceeds to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. I'll send any funds I get from this release to King County Equity Now.

Oh, and I self-published a wee book! Every day I write a 100-word story, and I collected my most 2020ish stories from 2020 in one place. Suitable for reading, ritual burning, leaving in hotel rooms or bus shelters, etc.

Okay, I think that's it. Stay gold, ponyboys.

-Levi
This conversation is locked