Nada Fest next Friday, and Colossal turns 10!

1 view

Levi Fuller

Oct 10, 2019, 7:31:06 PM10/10/19
to Levi Fuller News
Hello, friends! I hope the fall is treating you well. I have some fun things to tell you about in the Levi Fuller & the Library universe (which is almost, but not quite, as exciting and thrill-packed as the Marvel Cinematic Universe):

Thing 1: Levi Fuller & the Library has been officially designated a "band we're watching in 2019" by fierce champions of local music Nada Mucho. In connection with this, we are playing the fierce local music festival Nada Fest next Friday, October 18th at Skylark Cafe. We would love to have you there, watching us in 2019, too. We will be followed by Shitty Person and Double or Muffin, who have two of the best band names ever concocted and also happen to be two insanely killer bands. Other people are playing too, and they're probably great as well. We go on at 8:15, which is a pretty great time if you're old like me (and you probably are).

Thing 2: Speaking of being old, this month my album Colossal turns 10 years old. For some reason I thought it would be fun to celebrate this anniversary, and also to twist my Pufferfish bandmates' arms into finally releasing our long-languishing third album (or EP or something), Gasp. So on November 10th at the Sunset Tavern (the site of my very first solo performance in Seattle), Levi Fuller & the Library is going to play all of the songs from Colossal (with an old friend or two on stage to help out), Pufferfish is going to play and release some new music, and the wonderful Tekla Waterfield is going to open it all up. Should be a magical, semi-nostalgic evening.

Whether you can make it on November 10th, if you haven't given Colossal a spin in a while, I recommend it. If you know me at all you know I'm not really given to praising my own work, but I really love this record and am proud of it, and I'm happy I had it pressed on vinyl. (Related: I have, well, a lot of copies of it on vinyl, just drop me a line if you'd like to buy one.)

Thank you, as always, for listening.

Levi