such bad things happen: New EP and a show November 17th

1 view

Levi Fuller

Oct 30, 2018, 12:01:09 AM10/30/18
to Levi Fuller News
Hello there!

If you're anything like me, you are probably quite distressed about the world these days, particularly about the events of the last week or so. (Sadly, I could have written this exact sentence at almost any time in the last couple years - or you could be reading it almost any time over the next couple years - and you'd be nodding your head soberly.) I don't really have anything to tell you to make anything better (except to exhort you, for the love of the God I don't believe in, to VOTE in this election, wherever you are), but Jon and Dekker and I do have a collection of songs to share with you, several of which were written with The State of Things on the brain - as you might guess by the EP title, such bad things happen, so handily provided by the brilliant art of Clare Johnson that appears on the cover.

such bad things happen is, as a body of work, different from anything I've done as a solo artist, or anything we've done as a band, before. It's loud and dissonant and, even when it's pretty, somewhat unsettling. It's Levi Fuller & the Library being the '90s post-punk band we want to see in the world, I guess. If you loved Colossal, you might hate it. If you hate acoustic guitars - well, I'm amazed you're still on this list, but you might love it. Anyway, I hope you'll give it a listen.

You can hear the first two songs here. The first one is actually inspired by the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed; the second is our newest song, and is inspired by being a parent at this particular moment in history. On November 9th you'll be able to hear it in all the weird internet places you listen to music, and if you'd like to purchase it via the aforelinked link, you can listen to it on one of a very small number of handhewn CD-Rs in hand-silkscreened packages.

We're playing a show with some new friends to celebrate. It's November 17th at the hallowed Blue Moon Tavern in the U District. You should come and jump up and down and yell and laugh and cry with us. It'll be . . . fun?

The Blue Moon Tavern, 712 NE 45th St.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Hug your friends and family, tell them you love them, pet a dog, rub a cat, and vote like our future depends on it. (It does.)

-Levi