This Sunday at the Sunset with Pufferfish and Tekla Waterfield!

Levi Fuller

Nov 7, 2019, 7:56:00 PM11/7/19
to Levi Fuller News
Hey, here's a thing you should do!

Levi Fuller & the Library (Colossal 10th Anniversary), Pufferfish (Gasp release show), Tekla Waterfield

Hello there! I have a pretty cool show to tell you about. This Sunday, we'll be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my album Colossal, with our good friends Pufferfish and Tekla Waterfield. Colossal is a record I'm really proud of (and the only vinyl LP I've ever released), and I kind of can't believe it's turning 10. It seemed like a good opportunity to play some of my favorite older songs that we haven't played much lately.

Jon and Dekker and I (the current lineup of the Library) will play the full album. My dear friend Casey Alexander (who recorded Colossal will be joining us on guitar, and I bet some other friends will jump on stage and holler along with us over the course of the night. This will probably be the last time we'll play some of these songs, so if you miss it, then that'll be that.

Also, Pufferfish (a band I also played in until our extended hiatus that began a few years ago) will play, and celebrate the long-awaited (by us, anyway) release of our third collection of songs, Gasp. Tekla Waterfield will open up with a full band, and it's gonna be real good.

In short, it'll be a super-fun night with a smidge of nostalgia for the first decade of the 21st century (weird that that's even a thing, but here we are).

You can listen to Colossal in all the usual places. Here are some nice things people said about it a decade ago (I'm blushing!):

"It's a giant leap forward for an already formidable talent and one of the best albums I've heard this year."
-The Stranger

"Colossal is such a perfect name for this album: In its modest instrumentation, it captures an emotional resonance as full as a symphony orchestra's."
-Seattle Weekly

"It is one of the most elegant, quietly powerful albums you'll hear this year. No flab, every note picked meaningful and emotional."
-Three Imaginary Girls

Thank you for listening,

Levi