has anyone used lettuce and saltstack?

Tyler B

Dec 20, 2014, 4:18:26 PM12/20/14
to lettuc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone has used lettuce and saltstack. I noticed that puppet has rspec integrated as well as cucumber-puppet and it appears helpful to incorportate both (advantages-of-using-RSpec-instead-of-Cucumber-when-testing-Rails-controllers). I would like to use lettuce and nose to test a hdfs (hadoop) installation using a similar train of thought.

Has anyone used lettuce and saltstack? Do you know of an example on github?

Thanks,
Tyler

dragon788

Jan 10, 2016, 12:42:22 PM1/10/16
to Lettuce Users
We are starting to use Lettuce with Saltstack states, but not directly inside of salt. We are using docker containers via docker-compose to run a "show_lowstate" to ensure that we are only calling the states we expected and not getting any data output that we don't want present. It is working really well since you can tell salt to output json via the '--out json' argument to almost ANY command.