Python 3 support

Denis Zvezdov

Jun 13, 2012, 8:48:24 AM6/13/12
to Lettuce Developers
Hello,

Do you have plans to work with Python 3?

Regards,
Denis

Gabriel Falcão

Jun 13, 2012, 10:00:33 AM6/13/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
No python 3 support planned, do you use python 3? Would that be useful to you?
--
C-x C-c

Att,

Gabriel Falcão

twitter: @gabrielfalcao
my darlings: github.com/gabrielfalcao
jabber: gabrie...@jabber-br.org
blog: http://gabrielfalcao.com

Denis Zvezdov

Jun 13, 2012, 10:33:11 AM6/13/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriel, nice to meet you.

Yes, we are using Python 3 in our testing framework and I would like to use Lettuce very much (because you know, it's cool).
What do you think, will it be hard to convert your lettuce for Python 3?

Thanks,
Denis

Gabriel Falcão

Jun 13, 2012, 12:12:11 PM6/13/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Denis,
it's my pleasure to meet you.

I don't think that it would be too hard, I'm gonna setup a travis
build for lettuce with python 3, the only problem is that I don't
really use python 3 at all, so it's gonna be hard for me to catch up
with bugs and stuff.

Jānis Ābele

Jul 12, 2012, 6:01:15 PM7/12/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

This evening I got same need for lettuce python3 support.

Now checking whats happens when trying to set up lettuce in python3 virtualenv and looks like there shall be fair amount of work.
I would happily invest some time in this.

Ivan Kolodyazhny

Oct 30, 2012, 9:03:19 AM10/30/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I'm working on migrate Lettuce to Python 3.3. I'm not finished yet but you can to try my code and contrib any patches, questions and comments. Github repos:
Ivan.

Vincent Le Goff

Nov 23, 2012, 9:26:37 AM11/23/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

I tried to install the Lettuce version you're migrating to Python 3.
Actually I got an error while installing the 'sure' package:

...# python3.3 setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 20, in <module>
from sure import version
File ".../sure/__init__.py", line 244
except Exception, e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This is not that strange, since the Python 3 syntax is different
(except Exception as e:). I tried to edit the code to make it work
(at least the installation) on Python 3.3, but got a lot of problems
(print syntax, no module __builtin__, DictProxyType not in the types
module...).

The repository is unchanged since September: is it still a work in
progress? If some help is needed, I'll be glad to do my best.

Happy hackinng,

Vincent

2012/10/30, Ivan Kolodyazhny <e0...@e0ne.info>:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm working on migrate Lettuce to Python 3.3. I'm not finished yet but you
> can to try my code and contrib any patches, questions and comments. Github
> repos:
>
> - https://github.com/e0ne/fuzzywuzzy/tree/python3
> - https://github.com/e0ne/sure/tree/python3
> - https://github.com/e0ne/lettuce/tree/python3

Ivan Kolodyazhny

Nov 23, 2012, 10:10:48 AM11/23/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your feedback. Porting is not finished yet. I'm planning to fix some issues this weekend.

According to your error it looks like you use 'master' branch instead of 'python3' branch.

Regards,
Ivan Kolodyazhny,
Web Developer,
http://blog.e0ne.info/,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Vincent Le Goff <vincent.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
Vincent

Vincent Le Goff

Nov 23, 2012, 11:10:26 AM11/23/12
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

That's right. I didn't check the available branches, my previous
e-mail should be ignored x) .

Vincent

Alon Nisser

Apr 17, 2014, 10:22:09 AM4/17/14
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
What's the status with this? I'll be happy to help if needed..

David Csordas

May 22, 2014, 5:23:35 AM5/22/14
to lettuce-d...@googlegroups.com
+1 I'd need py3 lettuce on my project, too.

Thanks,
David