RAISIING THE TITANIC A POSSIBILITY OR IMPOSSIBILITY?

rv.ros...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2008, 2:01:24 AM2/18/08
to Letters and Messages From Dave
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on
him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of
God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds
were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that
doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest,
that they are wrought in God." John 3:16-21.

TAKE NOTE: God so loved the world, that he sent HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN
SON . . . . He DIDN'T SEND A COMMITTEE . . . A FLOCK OF LEGAL EAGLES .
. . NOR A PARLIAMENT OF WISE OLD OWLS! Whatever has best promoted
the general welfare of the world and all of its humanity has always
and forever been conceived, executed and implemented, initially, by
only ONE! ONE GOD! ONE CHRIST! ONE HOLY SPIRIT! ONE MIND!
ONE JESUS! ONE PAUL! ONE MARTIN LUTHER! ONE JOHN CALVIN! ONE
JOHN KNOX! ONE JOHN WESLEY! ONE CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS! ONE
GEORGE WASHINGTON! ONE THOMAS JEFFERSON! ONE JOHN ADAMS! ONE
WILLIAM PENN! ONE BENJAMIN FRANKLIN! ONE BETSY ROSS! ONE ABRAHAM
LINCOLN! ONE GENERAL GRANT! ONE ANTHONY PAYNE! ONE FLORENCE
NIGHTINGALE! ONE MARY BAKER EDDY! ONE THOMAS JEFFERSON! ONE
ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL! ONE ALBERT EINSTEIN!

That which we, as Christian Scientists, are facing today isn't
anything new, novel, mysterious, or in the least bit unusual or out of
sync with all of its preceding history which is inclusive of all of
that chronicle's historical events! That which we're seeing happen
to the sacred Cause of Christian Science, right here, right now, isn't
something NEW that has suddenly begun to transpire exclusively within
the 'latter-days' of the history of humanity! What we see
transpiring within our beloved Cause happens to be a human drama that
is so universal and cosmic in scope that it has succeeded, in this and
every age, to capture the imagination of all humanity since time
immemorial!

This cosmically complexioned human drama simply cannot be understood
by isolating that which we see transpiring right now, right here upon
earth, and involving just a bunch of misinformed and disobedient
so-called ecclesiastics who have taken up occupancy in Back Bay
Boston, and who seem hell-bent and determined to do all that they can
to destroy the Cause of Christian Science! For nearly a century,
successive boards consisting of five, illegally seated, self-appointed
and self-approving directors, have been single-eyed in their
human-do-goodism to either run the Church directly down Massachusetts
Avenue and into the Charles River, or indirectly into the Atlantic
Ocean, only to now discover that it was a well-designed Ark that
somehow managed to not get pitched within AND without; and thus, are
they just now discovering themselves as they awaken to the rude
realization that that which they are so mistakenly and illegally
overseeing happens to be the so-called "unsinkable" Titanic that
already sank, very quickly and very deeply into the icy North Atlantic
Ocean, at 2:20 a.m., on April 15, 1914!

We must pray for these, our brethren, who now face this
deplorable state of affairs! Pray tell, how does a board of five,
well-meaning but entirely misled so-called ecclesiastical
metaphysicians go about the horrific and near inconceivable task of
raising the sunken Titanic back into its once luxurious and opulent
former state of being? They're at their wits end! -- a comfortable
place they can 'afford' to remain in, . . . so long as the
"trickle-down effect" continues to deliver "the blood of the martyrs
into their "golden bowl." Entirely unaware of their immediate, yet
untapped access to Heaven, this brood of five has already tapped and
nearly bankrupted every known and conceivable source upon earth, in
their Herculean efforts to resurrect the now long-dead materially
organized Church! Had their familiarity with the Holy Scriptures
been even one tenth as acute as is their human reasoning and
conniving, they would have immediately understood to whom the Master
was prophetically referring when he stated:

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay;
but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one
house divided, three against two, and two against three." Luke
12:51-52.

Truly, this worldly lot of "FIVE" who now find themselves in
"ONE HOUSE DIVIDED" are in severe and dire need! That which they
need -- and which happens to be their ONLY need is immediate access to
God's healing, saving and redeeming Christ! They can find that
access only in Christian Science, if they'll but look for it! But
look for it they must, as they've taken on a century of the
innumerable sins of their illegally complexioned forebears of old!
However, the Christ in this hour, as in every hour that has ever
transpired, may always -- yet only if listened to very carefully and
very quietly -- again be heard asking:

"What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel,
saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth
are set on edge? [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have
[occasion] any more to use this proverb in Israel." Ezk. 18:2-3.

Again, the very wiles of the one devilish deceiver would have us so
scattered and diffused in our thinking that, like the man with the
unclean spirit, when responding to the Master's inquiry, "What is thy
name?" . . . he was heard crying out one damnable lie! Rather than
identify by name the one individual whom he had always been, the demon
possessed man attempted to divert the Master's attention away from the
man's individuality and identity by audibly focusing his attention
onto the belief that was momentarily possessing, and thus, handling
the man! And it seemed to accomplish this mental diversion by
answering, not as an individual man, but rather, in a collectivist
tone; namely: "My name is Legion: for we are many." Mark 5:9.

The Cause of Christian Science is subservient to ONLY ONE LAW! -- the
Law of God which brought it forth upon earth at precisely the moment
in history when Christ Jesus had demonstrated, and thus, mandated it
to appear! Thus, the Cause is NOT SUBJECT to a battery of legal
subdivisions such as common law, church law, non-profit org. law,
contract law, real estate law, governance law, etc. It forever has
been, is now, and ever shall be SUBJECT only to *the* Law of God!
Indeed, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE IS THE LAW OF GOD MADE MANIFEST
RIGHT HERE UPON EARTH, RIGHT NOW! Why, pray tell, would it subject
itself to any inferior human venue in a futile quest to seek any mode
or method
of legal adjudication?

Indeed, when the divinely inspired and commissioned Discoverer and
Founder of Christian Science was industriously at work in up-building
the Cause, by providing it with all of the earthly accouterments it so
sorely needed in order to fulfill its Heavenly Mission here upon
Earth, a time arose when the very Deed of Trust that had been struck
to convey the land upon which the Original Edifice now stands, as a
legal Deed of Conveyance from Mrs. Eddy's ownership into the ownership
of her initial board of four business trustees, . . . a great crisis
arose involving the transfer of the property concurrent with the
conveyancing of the land with a clean and protected title! At that
eleventh hour crisis in the earthly establishing of the Cause of
Christian Science, listen to how God's sacredly chosen Scribe
responded to her rapidly burgeoning flock of students and faithful
followers, and how, through her "Vision Infinite" the Cause was spared
an untimely, but imminently impending demise:

"Beloved Students:--

On December 10, 1889, I gave a lot of land -- in Boston, situated near
the beautiful Back Bay Park, now valued at $20,000 and rising in value
-- for the purpose of having erected thereon a church edifice to be
called The Church of Christ, Scientist.

I had this desirable site transferred in a circuitous, novel way, at
the wisdom whereof a few persons have since scrupled; but to my
spiritual perception, like all true wisdom, this transaction will in
future be regarded as greatly wise, and it will be found that this act
was in advance of the erring mind's apprehension.

As with all former efforts in the interest of Christian Science, I
took care that the provisions for the land and building were such as
error could not control. I knew that to God's gift, foundation and
superstructure, no one could hold a wholly material title. The land,
and the church standing on it, must be conveyed through a type
representing the true nature of the gift; a type morally and
spiritually inalienable, but materially questionable -- even after the
manner that all spiritual good comes to Christian Scientists, to the
end of taxing their faith in God, and their adherence to the
superiority of the claims of Spirit over matter or merely legal
titles.

No one could buy, sell, or mortgage my gift as I had it conveyed. Thus
the case rested, and I supposed the trustee-deed was legal; but this
was God's business, not mine. Our church was prospered by the right
hand of His righteousness, and contributions to the Building Fund
generously poured into the treasury. Unity prevailed, -- till mortal
man sought to know who owned God's temple, and adopted and urged only
the material side of this question.

The lot of land which I donated I redeemed from under mortgage. The
foundation on which our church was to be built had to be rescued from
the grasp of legal power, and now it must be put back into the arms of
Love, if we would not be found fighting against God.

The diviner claim and means for upbuilding the Church of Christ were
prospered. Our title to God's acres will be safe and sound -- when we
can "read our title clear" to heavenly mansions. Built on the rock,
our church will stand the storms of ages: though the material
superstructure should crumble into dust, the fittest would survive, --
the spiritual idea would live, a perpetual type of the divine
Principle it reflects.

The First Church of Christ, Scientist, our prayer in stone, will be
the prophecy fulfilled, the monument upreared, of Christian Science.
It will speak to you of the Mother, and of your hearts' offering to
her through whom was revealed to you God's all-power, all-presence,
and all-science. This building begun, will go up, and no one can
suffer from it, for no one can resist the power that is behind it; and
against this church temple "the gates of hell" cannot prevail.

All loyal Christian Scientists hail with joy this proposed type of
universal Love; not so, however, with error, which hates the bonds and
methods of Truth, and shudders at the freedom, might, and majesty of
Spirit, -- even the annihilating law of Love.

I vindicate both the law of God and the laws of our land. I believe, --
yea, I understand, -- that with the spirit of Christ actuating all the
parties concerned about the legal quibble, it can easily be corrected
to the satisfaction of all. Let this be speedily done. Do not, I
implore you, stain the early history of Christian Science by the
impulses of human will and pride; but let the divine will and the
nobility of human meekness rule this business transaction, in
obedience to the law of Love and the laws of our land.

As the ambassador of Christ's teachings, I admonish you: Delay not
longer to commence building our church in Boston; or else return every
dollar that you yourselves declare you have had no legal authority for
obtaining, to the several contributors, -- and let them, not you, say
what shall be done with their money.

Of our first church in Boston, O recording angel! write: God is in the
midst of her: how beautiful are her feet! how beautiful are her
garments! how hath He enlarged her borders! how hath He made her
wildernesses to bud and blossom as the rose!

With love,

MARY BAKER EDDY

Our Forever Leader is summoning us all to lift our vision above the
immediate obnoxiousness of the present moment, and in so doing,
gain an infinitely greater and more comprehensive understanding of
what, actually and exactly, is transpiring right before our eyes
that's
causing many of us to near go mad from pent up frustrations and angst!
-- then, and only then, will the Cause be doomed! Unless and until
this immediate complexion of impending and ominous oblivion that
currently hangs as a funeral drape over the entire Back Bay Church
Center and what is left that remains of its world-wide Field, is
lifted and removed, by anchoring our blessed Lord and beloved Leader's
sacred Church back and away from this morbific appearance of impending
death and place it back, as our Leader herself had to do, . . . .
"into the arms of Love . . ." -- the Only Uncreated FIRST HEAVENLY
CAUSE that initially purposed the Cause upon Earth to be!

"For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste
places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like
the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein,
thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. Hearken unto me, my people;
and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me,
and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people." Isa.
51:3-4.

In Unity of Good,

Dave Nolan

1.888.592.4215

P.S. Each one may be deeply enriched by giving oneself
over to considering the deeper, spiritual implication that inheres the
story of the battle between the FOUR and the FIVE Kings, as depicted
in Genesis, Chapter 14. Also, in line with this contemplative
consideration, one may do well to seek a deeper spiritual
signification of the shepherd boy, David, and the number of smooth
stones he removed from out of the brook; how many he used in his
sling to slay Goliath; and how many remained in his bag after Goliath
had been slain? One last consideration in this same line of reasoned
research; namely, how many senses are housed within the human cranium?
How many senses extend beyond the cranium and operate within the
corporeal body? These questions may seem quaint and unusual, but
they bear greatly upon how, precisely, the cosmic battle we see being
waged before our eyes is to be successfully resolved in accord with
the Law of God -- in absolute compliance to and implementation of the
universal cosmic Laws of divine Being which our Leader has delivered
to earth and denominated: CHRISTIAN SCIENCE!