AN OPEN DOOR

rv.ros...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2008, 3:58:45 AM2/1/08
to Letters and Messages From Dave
Date: Thu May 6, 2004 7:05 pm

"AN OPEN DOOR!"

The four Gospels contain seven parables which the Master used to
illustrate and illuminate his listener's spiritual understanding in
regard to the "kingdom of heaven." In the original Aramaic language,
the word for "heaven" is "ouranos," which, interpreted into English
means, "ever expanding activity.

One of the Master's seven parables about the "kingdom of heaven" is
the following:

"The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and
hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened"
[See: Mt. 13:33].

Mary Baker Eddy said, when in the presence of Clara Shannon and Lydia
Fitzpatrick, "I have hidden it, hidden it, hidden it; if I hide it any
more it will never be found."

One "it." Three "hiddens."

What was "it" she hid?

Could "it" possibly be the divine, systematic, spiritual schematics of
the Science of Being that remain buried deeply within and hidden
behind the near impenetrable lexicography of religiosity - the medium
Mrs. Eddy employed both to clothe and to convey that which divinity
Self-revealed of It's own anatomy to "she which travaileth"
[See: Mic. 5:3; Rev. 12:2] in order for the "woman God crowned"
[See: Rev. 12:1] to deliver "it" to humanity?

Does the Revelation contain any clues to assist "honest seekers for
Truth" [See: S&H Pre. xii:26] in their ongoing quest to find accurate
answers to satisfy and to resolve their penetrating research in and
inquiries about the mysteries of Being? Does one's quest for Truth
ever end? Is there a finality to humanity's endless quest for Truth?

On page 90, of "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures," Mary
Baker Eddy addresses and answers these precise inquiries, beside
the marginal heading: "Scientific finalities", wherein we read:

"The admission to one's self that man is God's own likeness sets man
free to master the infinite idea. This conviction shuts the door on
death, and opens it wide towards immortality. The understanding and
recognition of Spirit must finally come, and we may as well improve
our time in solving the mysteries of being through an interpretation
of divine Principle. At present we know not what man is, but we
certainly shall know this when man reflects God."

CLUES TO "SOLVING THE MYSTERIES OF BEING"

Mrs. Eddy embedded within the divine revelation the "keys" or clues
needed to "unlock the treasures of Truth" [See: S&H 70:1].

Mrs. Eddy's triumphant mission, as a "scribe under orders"
[See: Mis. 311:2= 6] was to deliver to humanity the divine
Revelation which derived, initially, from the infilling and
indwelling of the Holy Ghost that had anointed her
conceptive and receptive consciousness on February 4, 1866.
This anointing constituted Mary Baker Glover [Eddy's]
"submergence in Spirit" [See: S&H 581:23]. It
was this baptism of the Holy Ghost that initiated an ever
intensifying spiritual illumination of her conscious awareness
throughout many years of her most conscientious, industrious
and indefatigable research of the Holy Scriptures, inclusive of
both the Old and the New Testaments.

Thus, desiring with all one's heart to follow in the footsteps of
the Discoverer, is it not natural that the follower first turn to the
Holy Scriptures as the place to begin looking when undertaking
to find the clues [the "key of divine Science"] that constitute an
absolute necessity if one is to "reopen . . . the gates of
Paradise?" [See: S&H 171:4-11].

Science reveals, "Imperfect mortals grasp the ultimate of spiritual
perfection slowly; but to BEGIN aright and to continue the strife of
demonstrating the great problem of being, is doing much."
[See: S&H 254:12]. Here, the word, "BEGIN," is capitalized, as
it appears in the textbook in italics, which merely
indicates that in the original handwritten manuscript, the word,
"begin" is underlined! With this thought about where to "begin" in
mind, would it not be wise to strictly obey the following, "To begin
rightly is to end rightly?" [See: S&H 262:28].

Where, then, does the quest begin? And what, if anything, qualifies
one to undertake such a quest?

Christ Jesus identified "aright" where the quest begins, and what,
precisely, qualifies one to undertake such a quest. He said, "He that
hath an ear ["spiritual understanding" [S&H 585:1], let him hear what
the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give
to eat of the hidden manna and will give him a white stone, and in the
stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that
receiveth it" [See: Rev. 2:17].

THE "HIDDEN MANNA"

The above verse holds the "Omega Clue," which fulfills the Scripture,
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the
things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I
will do all my pleasure" [See: Isa. 46:10]. The "Omega Clue," as given
at the end of the Holy Scriptures, in the Book of Revelation, is
Christ Jesus'

divine prophecy that points to the precise place from which to begin
one's quest in order to find the "hidden manna" which Mrs. Eddy
acknowledged she has hidden, and also to receive as a gift the
"white stone in token of purity and permanence"
[See:Mis. 320:30]. Also, Christ Jesus identified those who qualify to
undertake such a quest when he stated, "To him that overcometh. . . ."

"To him that overcometh" what?

At the beginning of the textbook, we find the "Alpha Clue." It is the
"Alpha Clue," that 'links' the textbook directly into the "Omega
Clue," found at the end of the Bible, within the book of Revelation,
as seen in Christ Jesus' use of the word, "overcometh" no less than
eight times when his Revelation was imparted by an angel to St. John!

Science reveals, "Christ's Christianity is the chain of scientific
being reappearing in all ages, maintaining its obvious correspondence
with the Scriptures and uniting all periods in the design of God"
[See: S&H 271:1]. Hence, the profound accuracy and distinctive
orderliness of identifying "Christ's Christianity" as constituting a
"chain for truly, the "Alpha Clue" found at the beginning of the
textbook enables the textbook to "maintain[s] its obvious
correspondence with the Scriptures," by linking it directly into the
"Omega Clue" that is found at the end of the Bible in the book of
Revelation - - the last of the New Testament's twenty-seven books!

This linkage of the "Alpha Clue" to the "Omega Clue" permanently
connects the primitive Christianity which Christ Jesus had originally
initiated upon earth to divine Mind's latter-day revelation of
Christian Science to Mary Baker Eddy, which is now seen epitomized
upon earth and embodied within her God dictatedl textbook, "Science
and Health with Key to the Scriptures!" Confirmation of Mrs. Eddy's
acknowledgment that her divinely ordained mission was to completely
fulfill that which Christ Jesus had initiated, but left incomplete and
unfinished, is seen in the "Historical Sketch" on page 17, in the
"Church Manual," wherein we read:

"At a meeting of the Christian Scientist Association, April 19, 1879,
on motion of Mrs. Eddy, it was voted, -- To organize a church
designed
to commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should
reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing."

Clearly, Mrs. Eddy identifies Christian Science as being primitive
Christianity extended into these latter-days. Furthermore, she has
placed all humanity on notice that what she has revealed to earth
as an "immanent, eternal Science ," is here to stay, when she wrote:

"Today the healing power of Truth is widely demonstrated as an
immanent, eternal Science, instead of a phenomenal exhibition. Its
appearing is the coming anew of the gospel of "on earth peace,
good-will toward men." This coming, as was promised by the Master,
is for its establishment as a permanent dispensation among men; but
the mission of Christian Science now, as in the time of its earlier
demonstration, is not primarily one of physical healing. Now, as then,
signs and wonders are wrought in the metaphysical healing of physical
disease; but these signs are only to demonstrate its divine
origin, -- to attest the reality of the higer mission of the
Christ-power to take away the sins of the world" [See: S&H 150:4].

By tracing the development of the "advanced idea" [See: S&H 323:32]
does the honest seeker discover, in full compliance with the totality
of all of the Holy Scripture's sacred prophecies, the "Alpha Clue,"
which constitutes the genesis, or starting place, from which a
latter-day, honest seeker on a quest for Truth is to begin; namely,
"Christian Science reveals a necessity for overcoming the world, the
flesh, and evil, and thus destroying all error" [See: S&H 10:12].
Interestingly, one's quest for Truth discloses its genesis as being
the destroying of error, first, before one is able to experience even
the slightest degree of on-going conscious development and spiritual
progress. This scientific fact is confirmed in the following:

"What is the cardinal point of the difference in my metaphysical
system? This: that BY KNOWING THE UNREALITY OF DISEASE,
SIN, AND DEATH, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference
wholly separates my system from all others" [See: Un. 9:27].
[NOTE: capitalization original manuscript's underlined words].
Tragically, today's Christian Science Church teachers teach exactly
the opposite procedural order; namely, that by knowing the
allness of God, do you demonstrate the unreality of disease, sin,
and death. This incorrect teaching is a complete inversion of
the "pattern showed to Mrs.Eddy] in the mount" [See: Heb. 8:5].

Interestingly, the "Omega Clue" at the end of the Holy Scripture's
"New Testament" points directly to the "Alpha Clue" found at the
beginning of, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures."
This linkage ratifies a holy and sacred union of those Holy
Scriptures from the most ancient of days - from those times when
God "appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob by the
name of God Almighty; but by My name Jehovah was I not known
to them" [See: Ex. 6:3] directly into their prophesied fulfillment in
the Holy Writings of these latter days, as now seen appearing upon
earth within and as the denominational textbook of Christian
Science, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures!" Thus, we
discover that the full and final revelation of all truth about BEING
is contained, exclusively, within a triad of Sacred and Holy
Scriptures!

What might these be?

1. The Old Testament

2. The New Testament

3. "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures," by Mary Baker Eddy

Hence, of great import is the scientific fact that the entirety of
"all error" consists of a triad of distinctive elements; namely, "the
world,

the flesh,and evil." These, therefore, are the three factors, or
elements, that are destined to be "destroyed" by their metaphysical
and spiritual translation back into Mind! Furthermore, the complete
responsibility for accomplishing this monumental demonstration rests
solely upon the mental shoulders of "him that overcometh!"

Hallelujah! The course has been set, and the gateway that leads
thereto is, indeed, very narrow! However, the entire undertaking is
not

one that continues before us, as a task still un-addressed and undone!
Indeed, the entirety of the assignment is, already and entirely,
finished and complete" but only to him that receiveth it [See: Rev.
2:17]. This, therefore, is the cause of the hope and the rejoicing
that attends this acknowledgment! Every conscientious and dedicated
student of Christian Science rejoices in the acknowledgment of the
Master's sacred assurance; namely, "These things I have spoken unto
you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have
tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have vercome the
world." [See: John. 16:33]. The word, "tribulation,"
derives from two roots, `tri' meaning `three' and `bularé' meaning
`bulk, mass, volume,' as in, "line, plane, space" [See: Mis. 22:11].

Read that which the Holy Ghost Comforter in these latter-days has to
impart that emphatically confirms its prophesied divine destiny which
the Master indicated would be fulfilled when it appears; namely, "But
the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in
my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your
remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" [See: Joh. 14:26].

An absolute confirmation of the Master's prophecy and promise now
fulfilled is Science! -- the Master's promised Comforter in these
latter which does, indeed, "teach you all things, and [which does]
bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I [Jesus] have said
unto you!"

For example, consider the following:

"Meekly our Master met the mockery of his unrecognized grandeur. Such
indignities as he received, his followers will endure until
Christianity's last triumph. He won eternal honors. He overcame the
world, the flesh, and all error, thus proving their nothingness. He
wrought a full salvation from sin, sickness, and death" [See: S&H
39:1-7]. Herein lie more vitally important clues! By overcoming "the
world, the flesh, and all error," does the Christian Scientist
victoriously demonstrate "a full salvation from sin,
sickness, and death!"

TO BE CONTINUED. . . . in the message entitled "THE WHITE STONE"