China Government Investment Corporation

Zhong Siwei

Jun 29, 2007, 8:24:36 PM6/29/07
to letsthi...@googlegroups.com

size of the new GIC is 1/3 of total Chinese govt debt issued

what they put into BX is just a small amount relatively.

i dont think GIC will put money in another PE again.  Thanks Antony Leung, the preivous HK Finance Sect and now the Greater China President of BX who closed this big deal and he should have earned himself millions with his BX stock or options.

On 6/29/07, xxxxxxxxxxxxx  wrote:
Where the new China investment agency will put all this money? In
blackstone again? I hope not, If someone have a clue please share!
They dis a bad move with the 3 billions: blackstone stocks are falling
like a stone, maybe someone needs financial advise there...

.

Siwei Zhong

Jun 29, 2007, 8:26:25 PM6/29/07
to Lets Think China
this is from today's WJS which I concur.

"...Economists said they expect Beijing to try to temper most of the
issue's
macroeconomic impact by having the central bank retire shorter
maturity
bonds and having the Finance Ministry replace them with longer-term
bonds...."