MIRIxUW workshop on Saturday March 7

Sam Eisenstat

Mar 3, 2015, 6:55:30 PM3/3/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com, James Cook, Tobias Fritz
Hi everyone,

Last week didn't work out for me, so the next workshop will be this Saturday, March 7. We will meet at 12 at Vegetarian Fast Food (they do also have non-vegetarian food) in the UW Plaza for lunch. Around 12:30-1, we will head over to the UW campus for the workshop. I aim to hold it in MC 1085, but it is somewhat likely that it will be occupied so we may have to go elsewhere. I will post to the list what room we are in for people who want to join us after lunch or later.

We will start with any questions people have about logic, to help people who are learning logic/model theory/computability. In particular, people who have been reading Boolos' Computability and Logic can bring up anything from that text that they want to discuss. The rest of the workshop will focus on continued discussion of A model of UDT with a concrete prior over logical statementsNon-Omniscience, Probabilistic Inference, and MetamathematicsLogical Prior Probability, and Questions of Reasoning under Logical Uncertainty, and see what further directions we can take this work in.

Best,
Sam

David Rusu

Mar 7, 2015, 12:02:32 PM3/7/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com, James Cook, Tobias Fritz

Vegetarian fast food is closed Saturdays.
Any suggestions for a backup?

Sam Eisenstat

Mar 7, 2015, 12:06:24 PM3/7/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com, Tobias Fritz
We're going to Al Madina's, which is just accross Phillip from Vegetarian Fast Food. Sorry for the confusion.

Tobias Fritz

Mar 7, 2015, 12:07:30 PM3/7/15
to David Rusu, lesswron...@googlegroups.com, James Cook

I'm actually sitting at the William's right now finishing some emails.
Feel free to come by! Otherwise I'll meet you soon at wherever you end
up going.

On 07/03/15 12:02 PM, David Rusu wrote:
> Vegetarian fast food is closed Saturdays. Any suggestions for a
> backup?
>

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015, 6:55 PM Sam Eisenstat <sam.e...@gmail.com
> <mailto:sam.e...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Last week didn't work out for me, so the next workshop will be
> this Saturday, March 7. We will meet at 12 at Vegetarian Fast Food
> (they do also have non-vegetarian food) in the UW Plaza for lunch.
> Around 12:30-1, we will head over to the UW campus for the
> workshop. I aim to hold it in MC 1085, but it is somewhat likely
> that it will be occupied so we may have to go elsewhere. I will
> post to the list what room we are in for people who want to join us
> after lunch or later.
>
> We will start with any questions people have about logic, to help
> people who are learning logic/model theory/computability. In
> particular, people who have been reading Boolos' /Computability
> and Logic/ can bring up anything from that text that they want to
> discuss. The rest of the workshop will focus on continued
> discussion of A model of UDT with a concrete prior over logical
> statements
> <http://lesswrong.com/lw/eaa/a_model_of_udt_with_a_concrete_prior_over_logical/>,
> Non-Omniscience, Probabilistic Inference, and Metamathematics
> <https://intelligence.org/files/Non-Omniscience.pdf>, Logical
> Prior Probability
> <http://ict.usc.edu/pubs/Logical%20Prior%20Probability.pdf>, and
> Questions of Reasoning under Logical Uncertainty
> <http://intelligence.org/files/QuestionsLogicalUncertainty.pdf>,
> and see what further directions we can take this work in.
>
> Best, Sam
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "lesswrong waterloo" group. To unsubscribe from this
> group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> lesswrongwaterloo+unsubscribe@__googlegroups.com
> <mailto:lesswrongwater...@googlegroups.com>. For more
> options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/__optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Sandy Maguire

Mar 7, 2015, 12:34:52 PM3/7/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com

1085 is occupied. do we have a backup?

Sam Eisenstat

Mar 7, 2015, 12:37:07 PM3/7/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
The event in 1085 is ending soon. Our first backup is either of the tall lecture halls nearby. I can come up with a further backup if those are occupied.

Sandy Maguire

Mar 7, 2015, 12:40:00 PM3/7/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com

cool. I'm hanging out in 2065 while i eat my lunch