Interest in MIRIxUW workshop and meetups this term

Sam Eisenstat

Sep 24, 2014, 12:20:25 AM9/24/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello LessWat,

I have discussed starting a MIRIx workshop with MIRI. This would involve meeting for a few hours to discuss research relevant to x-risk and ideas for future research. Food will be provided and a MIRI researcher (probably Nate or Benja) will be assisting over Skype. If you are interested in this, I have a MIRIx workshop Doodle where you can list your availability. Feel free to invite others who you think would like to come; some math background is necessary but familiarity with MIRI's research is not.

I'm not sure how many people are interested in having LW meetups this term, so we also have a LW meetup Doodle to see who is interested.

Best,
Sam

Sandy Maguire

Sep 24, 2014, 3:26:44 AM9/24/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com

i would super be up for mirix! unfortunately I'm in Europe right now. have fun without me!