First MIRIxUW workshop on Saturday, October 4

Sam Eisenstat

Oct 2, 2014, 12:35:59 AM10/2/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com, Jess Riedel, tfr...@perimeterinstitute.ca
Hello,

The first MIRIxUW workshop will be this Saturday, from 1-6pm, in the Math and Computing building (MC). We will meet in MC 1085 if it is available; if it is in use, we will gather outside the room and then walk to another big room with a whiteboard.

We can discuss various directions for potential research. I am somewhat familiar with and interested in logical uncertainty, so I will be prepared to explain a bit about that, and we can choose to focus on it if other people are interested. Some resources on logical uncertainty are:

Christiano, Yudkowsky, Herreshoff, and Barasz http://intelligence.org/files/DefinabilityTruthDraft.pdf

There will be snacks during the workshop, and if you come to dinner after the workshop, your meals will be reimbursed.

Best,
Sam

Tobias Fritz

Oct 2, 2014, 9:47:53 AM10/2/14