Karaoke, anyone?

Kevin Van Horn

Nov 12, 2012, 12:43:45 AM11/12/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in going out for karaoke this coming weekend? Here are two places that I'm familiar with in Salt Lake County:
  • Karaoke Cafe, around 48th S. and State Street. KC is nice if you like a smaller crowd (= more chances to sing), or want to start earlier in the evening, although you're out of luck if you want alcohol.
  • The Highlander Club, in the vicinity of 60th-70th S. and Highland Drive. This is a karaoke bar that serves meals, drinks, and has a great karaoke setup that includes a practice booth, but it's a much bigger crowd. Karaoke starts at 9:00 p.m.

If you're worried about making a fool of yourself on stage, I can tell you that of the seven different places that I've gone to that do/did karaoke, and in the two years I've been doing it, I've never once seen an audience boo or make fun of a singer. They're always very nice.

Adam Isom

Nov 12, 2012, 2:04:03 AM11/12/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Interested.
(Though I can't guarantee attendance, currently carless.)

Kip

Nov 12, 2012, 2:32:50 AM11/12/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
I definitely want to go.

Kip

Nov 12, 2012, 2:33:00 AM11/12/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
I can give you a ride.

Adam Isom

Nov 14, 2012, 8:42:43 PM11/14/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
I currently have something to do between when meet up ends at 5:00 (it will end at 5:00 right? Sometimes I confuse SHIFT and LW times) and until karaoke starts and will have a ride, so count me in.

Vote: Highlander Club ('cuz alcohol, and I like alcohol, assuming that Melanie (not 21) can still go, assuming she wants to)

Kevin Van Horn

Nov 14, 2012, 11:39:28 PM11/14/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Glad you're coming, Adam! (You too, Kip.) Is there anyone who's thinking they might want to do karaoke who WON'T be at the meetup on Saturday? If not, we can take a quick vote there at the meetup to decide which place to go.

Adam Isom

Nov 17, 2012, 1:56:07 PM11/17/12
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I'm afraid I cannot anymore. However, if there is interest in karaoke after another meet up (like next month's), I would very likely be interested in going and could invite a couple friends if that would help. See you Dec.