Next Movie Night: The Cabin in the Woods

已查看 13 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Kip

未读,
2012年12月2日 19:08:412012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com
I've decided (with some input from others) on the next movie for Movie Night: The Cabin in the Woods.  Help me choose a date for this party!

The Cabin in the Woods has a 91% rating on Rottentomatoes.com.

The Cabin in the Woods is a hugely fun, mind-bending, postmodern take on the horror genre.  It's like Dawson's Creek and Scream, by being an ironic, postmodern twist on a genre.  But, unlike Dawson's Creek, it's full of blood and guts.

For those looking for a rationality/LW angle: the entire movie is a hilarious warning against self-serving religious belief and positive outcome bias.

The screenwriter is Josh Whedon, creator of Buffy (TV series) and Firefly, and director of The Avengers.

I have not decided on a date.  But I'm thinking late December.  If that doesn't work for people, we might wait until after the holidays.  But I don't want to wait.

Next action: what dates work for you?  Fri/Sat Dec. 14/15, 21/22, 28/29?  Or one of the Sundays after those (16/23/30)?  Let me know.

Kip

Kip

未读,
2012年12月2日 19:09:072012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Here is the trailer:

http://youtu.be/eXfc12BqFkc

Carrie Joy

未读,
2012年12月2日 20:33:392012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Fridays are never great for me, but Saturdays usually are.

--

Adam Isom

未读,
2012年12月2日 20:38:432012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com
upon reading this post: Hmmm... hmmmm..
"The screenwriter is Josh Whedon"

I'm in
:D

Suggestion of Wed. Dec 12

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:08:41 PM UTC-7, Kip wrote:

Kip

未读,
2012年12月2日 20:54:242012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com
In my experience, events draw far more people on Fridays and Saturdays.  So I'm reluctant to use a Wednesday.

Kip

未读,
2012年12月2日 20:54:392012/12/2
收件人 lesswr...@googlegroups.com