Weird food meetup this Sunday 2pm

Philip Hazelden

Jan 20, 2016, 7:22:09 PM1/20/16
to lesswro...@googlegroups.com
Last time, we had around 20 people show up, and had to split over two tables. I count that as a success!

This meetup, we're going to be experimenting with weird foods.

What that actually means is: I'll bring some Joylent (http://joylent.eu/) for people to try. If you have something that seems like it might count as weird food, and if you want to bring it to share, that would be great. Weird foods might include other meal shakes (e.g. soylent, queal, huel), solid meal replacements (mealsquares), miracle fruit, or military MREs. But really, if you think it counts, go for it.

Apart from the presence of at least one weird food, it's going to be an informal discussion meetup, with no set topic. If there's a topic you want to talk about, feel free to bring it.

As always, 2pm in the Shakespeare's Head.

Sam B

Jan 24, 2016, 6:46:16 PM1/24/16
to LessWrongLondon
It was a fun first meet-up to attend, for my part!

Before I forget, I said I would post on here to see if anyone wanted to exchange some contact details to keep in touch between meetups. I'm happy for people to converse with me by email at 'the other sam @ gmail.com' (no spaces).
(Tobias, tell me more about your shadow country idea :P and though I couldn't find the LessWrong post of most (all?) of Scott Alexander's posts in a useful format, Scott himself has a handy page I didn't know about till now: http://slatestarcodex.com/top-posts/ )

Philip Hazelden

Jan 26, 2016, 3:48:45 PM1/26/16
to LessWrongLondon
Are you thinking of the Library of Scott Alexandria? http://lesswrong.com/lw/mr6/the_library_of_scott_alexandria/