Meetup: Intro to Nepali and language learning algorithms (Aug 29)

Vadim Kosoy

Jul 30, 2017, 3:50:49 PM7/30/17
to LessWrong Tel Aviv
Talk night in LessWrong TLV!

Speaker: Liran Valadarsky
Location: Yigal Alon 118, Tel Aviv
Gathering: 19:00
Talk begins: approximately 19:30

The venue is called "The Cluster", entrance is from Totseret Ha'aretz street, through a brown door with a doorbell (if the door is closed ring and someone will let you in).

Abstract:

So, for those who don't know, I've recently come back from 8 months volunteering in Nepal and amongst other things learned the language (to a basic conversational level). This talk will sketch my experience in learning, whatever relevant algorithms I can rummage up and also some amusing Nepal language quirks.